Monday, June 04, 2012

Monday Morning, You're Never Going to Look Quite the Same

Monday Morning, you're never going to look quite the same.

I'm in my last week of work, due to a restructuring of my job that entails a plethora of additional responsibilities in not enough time to do them and a time commitment I cannot make in the evenings and weekends.

I have loved this job for 9 years, gone to church there since my son was 6 months old, and he is now 23. So you can imagine, I have some strong feelings about this, 99.9% not good feelings.

However, I'm going to try to look at the bright side as often as possible. And one of those bright sides is: Monday mornings. No rush to get up, no pressure to get back at projects for the week, and most of all NO meetings!

Eventually, I think Monday mornings will be busy outside the home again. But for now, it's one last time in to clean up files, pitch stuff I've needed to for a long time and prepare docs for the next person who sits in my chair.

Sigh.

I hope they find someone who loved that job and ministry like I did, but between you and me and the world (all two who read this blog, and my own mom is not in those two) I doubt they will.

OK, time for a cup of coffee, time to put on a professional face and attitude and go to work. For the last time, on a Monday morning.


12 comments:

Susanne said...

I can't imagine how hard this week will be for you. Praying God grants you lots of grace to get through.

Neisa said...

Congratulations! I can imagine the sadness you are feeling and the nervousness of, now what will I do. I'm sure your time will fill up quickly. Enjoy!

Mocha with Linda said...

Thinking of you this morning on your last Monday. They will miss you more than they even know. Wish we could go to lunch when you're "free".

Kay said...

I'm glad you're back. I'm sorry about your job. And definitely sad about your daddy. That is hard. But glad to see you back here. You've been missed. : )

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I think there may be more than two of us out there:)

I think it is just human nature to enter into change kicking and screaming especially if it is not planned for or wanted. The hard part is trying to find the lessons in the difficulties rather than pouting about the unwanted changes, and you can bet that I spent many hours pouting (kicking & screaming more times than not) until the fog cleared and I found my lesson...

Praying for peace in this transition...

Blessings
R

PS: No meetings is always a plus in my book!

The Bug said...

What a year of transition for you! I have a feeling though that things are turning out exactly how they're supposed to.

Joyce said...

I once left a job I loved with all my heart due to a move. I was so sad to let that job go but like you, timing and circumstances left me no choice. It was also a ministry and I felt like I would never have another job so perfectly suited to my particular strengths. Looking back I see so clearly how that role prepared me for the next. Enjoy this next phase, whatever it may be. I'm glad to see you back on your blog : )

Kelli said...

Hugs

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Interesting...you and I are both going through some major life changes. Due to all the discussion about blogs on fb in reference to your posts, I had to figure out how to log on too! lol I've missed your writing, and I hope some more of that is on your list of things to pick back up. As for Monday mornings...celebrate!

Softie said...

I bet you are right and your Monday mornings will be busy once again in time. Until then I hope you enjoy your last Monday and your newfound time off. Hang in there. :)

Kim said...

Linda, welcome back! I kept checking back in hopes you'd return :)

Sorry to hear about your job. I wonder what God has in store for you next? I hope you'll share as He leads -- in that special way you have, with humor and grace.

Hope your run went well!

Carmen said...

How are you doing Linda? I think you'll be entering a new phase of life (ready or not) and you'll love it. More time with those who are special to you! His plans for you are good! Blessings!