Monday, July 02, 2012

Babies Who Live on the Edge of Danger

Here's what life feels like, times two, since both babies are crawling and pulling up. You probably won't have time to to watch or even want to, but for my future readers (like the twins when they're older) I hope this link works.

Dear Laylah and Josiah: You babies are making us nuts. You crawl from one danger to the next, seeking one thrill after another, getting stuck under tables, hitting your heads, putting your toes in precarious places and licking the floors of wherever you are. You're killin us. The worst one is you, Josiah, you who stiffens and falls backward because you can't figure out how to bend your knees and roll with it. You pull a book out of a shelf, and with the backward momentum of the book, you just keep going backwards! It's horrifying to watch from across the room, and we kill ourselves tripping over toys and furniture to reach you. Seriously, stop beating us up, Babies!

7 comments:

Deb said...

my oldest rolled off the bed one time and landed in the wastebasket next to the bed ~yikes

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh this made me laugh! At least it's not very far to the floor and they are still nice and squishy with soft bones! LOL Hang in there!

The Bug said...

I can't watch the video at work (what's up with that?) but I can well imagine how it must look. I'm really sorry that you guys are all stressed, but I do have to say that it's VERY entertaining for the rest of us :)

Grace said...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can relate!
My grandson will turn 1 year old on July 14 and his little sister is about 2 weeks old now. lol.

When he comes to visit he is EVERYWHERE!
And yes he wears us out!
Yes he licks stuff, and tastes stuff, and pulls and pushes and falls and topples and teeters and totters and generally wears me out.


Its cute and adorable, and but its also scarey.

Sometimes it just makes me wanna fashion a spiffy little baby-safe helmet out of Bubble Wrap.

Perhaps I should design a whole Line of baby-safe Bubble Wrap disposable clothing? LOL


Oh well, this too shall pass.

But until then...we watch him like he is a time-bomb about to explode on us all lol
And about the time he grows OUT of this phase...his little sister will be IN it.

I understand why God generally gives babies to women when they are still young and have tons of energy. lol

In Him,
Grace

PJ said...

But doesn't it make you feel ALIVE!! That hyperalert state while exhausting is also invigorating!! (I still say give George the task of teaching him to bend his knees and roll. Pre-football training! Never can start too early!!

PJ

Mrs. E said...

We're not as young as we used to be for this baby watching business!

Toia said...

This cracked me up!! I taught preschool ages 1 to 2...so i know what you are talking about...Thanks for sharing and good luck!! =D