Friday, May 10, 2013

Cardigan Queen (Sorry, Billy Ocean)

The other day I told some friends I bought 4 cardigans on sale. I love the cardigan, so versatile. Top a dress, a tank top, whatever. They're all-seasonal, even in summer because in the sweltering Midwest our restaurants and stores are airconditioned to the hilt.

I said, "I am the cardigan queen." And then it happened. This song crept into my brain.

So now every time I wear one of my many cardigans, which is nearly daily, I am forced to pay mental and sometimes audible ode to Billy Ocean for Caribbean Queen. Only I sing "cardigan queen."

Here is Billy:

Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen - Vidéo Dailymotion

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

You are so much fun!

Forget Cardigan Queen - I think you are just pretty much the Queen!

Susanne said...

I looove the cardi and have several. I take one everywhere! But seeing as I totally missed the '80's musically I'll let you keep the title and not fight ya for it! ;v)

Amy said...

Not a more perfect piece of a wardrobe...I may or may not have a dozen.

Joyce said...

Thanks for that...I'm sure I'll be singing it in my cardi now too : ) Happy Mother's Day!