Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Celebrity Apprentice All Star Ice Cream Vote

Oh my good heavens to Betsy I love this show.

This is my 3rd season to watch religiously.

We're down two finalists, one who talks like this,  "Hi, I'm Trace Adkins"  even when he's really happy. When he's not happy, he just growls, and Penn Jillette, whose name sounds like a brand of pen that doubles as a razor.

Before the show, I was only nominally acquainted with either finalist. For instance, I did not know that the other half of Penn and Teller does not speak publicly. After watching Penn for two seasons, I think the reason Teller does not speak is that Penn speaks so much there's no oxygen left in the room for Teller to gather thoughts in order to speak.

Anyway, we're down to two finalists, and fans can vote for one or the other by purchasing Walgreen's brand ice cream "Delish" (who knew?) which each finalist's team has created (I think that's a stretch--they combined a couple of ice cream goody bits with ice cream flavors and slapped a fun name on the product.)

I'm in Penn's camp for some reason, AND, I thought his ice cream sounded more *delish* than Trace's ice cream.

So last night after an hour-long weight-loss inspired walk, my husband presented me with a carton of "Swirtle" Delish ice cream, described as "Rich vanilla with a sea salt chocolate swirl and fudge caramel candy pieces." As ice cream goes, it was OK. Mostly vanilla. So I think they should have named it, "Hunt for the Tiny Turtle Head So That You Can Nom It" or something like that, but then that sounds cruel and maybe illegal, especially if you live on a beach which protects turtles, like the beach I live on in my head.

So I'm anticipating the voting results. I wish I had a button to wear today to show that I voted. Hey, Penn ... good luck, and Trace, you too. 




3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

You keep me up to date on the hippest TV and celebrity trends. And you're much more interesting than People Magazine!

Skoots1moM said...

don't watch...i'm not a penn fan...heard his nastiness in las vegas...maybe he's changed his ways now the he's making ice cream...hope you find the turtle.

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I miss you on facebook. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Believe me when I say I know what you are facing.