Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Attack of the Chia People?

Chia---Ch Ch Ch---Chia . . . Oh, that annoying jingle.

It isn’t really Christmastime until the Chia Pet commercials start overlapping each other on the heels of the incessant De Beers Diamond commercials. Anyway, It’s the 25th anniversary of America’s favorite fake pet (distant 2nd: pet rock of the 50s). So the Chia makers are including a bonus item in each order this year, a bright green plastic LCD Chia dog-ish alarm clock. I know; you’re about to exit this noise right now and order.

But WAIT! There’s MORE! The catalogue of Chias is extensive, way more than you have time to learn about, I’m sure. Most are animals or cartoons (Hey Muncie, don’t worry! There IS a Garfield Chia! Yesss!) But I’m wondering why they haven’t made Chia People, like the Don King Chia, or the Kim Jong Il Chia, or the poofy-licious Beyonce Chia.



I did find some nouveau, haute couture Chia hats. I’m aware of a certain “Large Mama” blogger who enjoys dressing up her little girl in cute outfits/costumes. I wonder if she has seen these?

3 comments:

The Human Napkin said...

Okay, that last picture scared me a little. But the Chia Kim Jong Il? Now that's just plain funny.

Big Mama said...

I do believe that my child would want to wear one of those hats, which is why I won't let her see these pictures. You know around our house you don't want to be mistaken for a small, furry animal.

Love,
Large Mama

Melanie said...

Maybe Hair Club for Men and Chia could merge...