Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday's Feast

Over at Friday's Feast, bloggers are tempted to snack on these questions:

Friday's Feast 126

Appetizer
What comes to mind when you see the color orange?



Today I went to see my friend who works at the PAWS studio, so right away orange made me think of Garfield the Cat. And now I'm probably going to get sued because I used the Big Guy's image here without permission. Oh well. Orange is also my sister-in-law's favorite color. I've heard that people who like orange are intelligent, and my sister-in-law is a math teacher. I no likey orange, but I talks good anyhows.

Soup
Did you ever get in trouble while you were in school? If so, what was it for?


Yes. Kissing my boyfriend in the halls in high school. Let me clarify. He liked to steal forbidden kisses at school. I was not comfortable with that activity, but he did it anyway, and since I didn't have enough sense to like orange, I didn't have enough SMARTS to say STOP IT; YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME.

Salad
Which topping(s) make up your perfect pizza?


Wow, I just had pizza--what are the chances of that? There is a pizza chain in Indiana, mainly in Muncie (America's Hometown) called Pizza King, that has distinctly different pizza--better than every other pizza in the entire world. Some naysayers claim that you have to be a native Munsonian, have it food-processed and put in your baby bottle and later be served four times a week plus after every high school home game to appreciate it, but they are pizza snobs. So, Pizza King Royal Feast, Baby!!!

Main Course
Do you believe in UFOs/aliens/etc.? Why or why not?


Oh man, this question is out of this world. I suppose not really, although I have wondered about it a lot, you know, whether people who claim to have seen aliens have actually experienced angels or demons or ecstatic hallucinations from Pizza King hangovers. I will say that my favorite contemporary movie (although you didn't ask) is Signs, with Mel Gibson, not because of the alien theme, but for all the underlying theological themes. We need to "Swing Away" in life and have faith that God Almighty orchestrates the details of our lives for his purposes. We should never give up ("Swing Away!") because without hope we have nothing, and our hope is not built on human endeavors but on the Alpha and Omega who created planets. And aliens, if there are any.

Dessert
What color is your bedspread/comforter/quilt?


Not orange. It's sort of a Pizza King golden crust color. Also, see previous post entitled "King James in the Bedroom" to read about said bedspread and how it put my husband over the edge, literally.

"Ring the King"

7 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

hmmm why do I doubt Pizza King has the best pizza in the world.

A stolen kiss is one of the sweetest things to steal you know

ok that made me want to puke

amy said...

Wonderful feast and blog..I cant wait to read more of it..Your feast had me laughing. thanks for being honest

Susan said...

Pizza King sounds interesting. My DS 1 has a friend that he met at a mission event who is from Muncie. He always says he's going to go there to visit. We'll see.

I've loved your blog...I'm going to have to come back by for a visit sometime.

:-) Susan

Barbara H. said...

Love your feast! I don't like orange, either, but Garfield is an exception. :)

Susanne said...

What I want to know is what is on a Pizza King Royal Feast? And is Pizza King Burger King's brother?

Big Mama said...

I'm not a fan of orange either, which may explain a lot.

Carol said...

LOL! Great feast!