Monday, April 09, 2007

What Deena's Asking

So Deena at Junk in My Trunk posted five answers to random questions that Shalee asked her. Then Deena offered to send anyone who commented five of her random questions for that person to answer on her blog. So my hand shot up and I yelled, "Oh, oh, oh, me! Pick me!" because I'm so reluctant to do memes and so "closed" about myself. A-hem. If you comment and would like me to randomize you, just let me know. But warning: I may come up with some doozie questions for you, like: In your personal opinion, why do you believe Sanjaya is still with us?


1) If money was no object, what would you love to do?

Selfishly, I'd make sure all my kids' college tuition was paid for, as a gift from me to them. I would also love to support several causes. One is the well-building project that James Robison heads up. The second is providing families in third world contries with farm animals that keep providing food for them, such as chickens (eggs and meat), cows (milk and meat), goats, etc. Third, I would support Terri Schindler Schiavo's foundation. I am STILL outraged and grieving over this.

2) If you could serve on the mission field, where would you want to go and serve?

This is tough. See, this is really a trick question, because there is no real "if" here. In other words, I could, if I chose to, actually serve on a foreign mission field; I just don't. Sure, it would be "inconvenient," but it's not impossible. I feel a little bad about that sometimes. I did two short-term English camps in a developing nation in Central Asia, and I have an emotional attachment to the people of that country, but I wouldn't want to live there.

3) Tell me about your most memorable Easter.

See the post on the chickens called, "Where My Peeps?"

4) How did you start blogging and why?

It was a dark and stormy night... just kidding. It was October in the year of our Lord, 2005. I was beginning to go to some writing conferences, etc., and I think it had to do with that. Now I have devoted a bunch of time to blogging and little to writing for publication. I still have my little column in the newspaper, though. I am recording some things for posterity for my kids and grandkids. Just the other day, I thought, "I should start a posterity blog for my kids' eyes only, where I remind or teach them things like 'remember to wash out your belly buttons regularly'." Or I could write out how to properly wash dishes (including cleaning sink first, cleaning out refrigerator of old food first, washing flatware first, wiping table, wiping hood over the range, wiping dials on the range, cleaning microwave, wiping counter tops, refrigerator door and seals, wiping out the silverware drawer thingy where the crumbs go to die, and not to keep using the same old soured cloths and towels). But mainly, I'm just having a good time!

5) Tell me about one character, past or present, that you would like to interview for your blog.

Hmm ... fictional character, not person? Then that would be Dwight K. (Danger) Schrute, from The Office. Or maybe some Charles Dickens characters. As far as a real person goes, I would like to hear "the story behind the song" for some of my favorites songs, where the author would fill me in on the details of his/her inspiration. ("Carly, was it really all about Warren Beatty?") No, mainly inspirational songs that have meant so much to me. Also, there are the favorite authors and Bible characters. I would love to interview King David. You know, King David of the Bible--OR--King Dave Barry of Humor.

And now what about you? Do you want to be randomized?

15 comments:

Connie Barris said...

I think you would be a great person to meet in person....

awesome!!

thanks for sharing

Connie

now being randomized.. is that legal?? LOL

Melanie said...

Go ahead and randomize me. I need some good material!

Susan said...

I think being "randomized" would be fun. These are GREAT questions and answers.

Have a GREAT week!

:-) Susan

Susan said...

I think being "randomized" would be fun. These are GREAT questions and answers.

Have a GREAT week!

:-) Susan

Tammy said...

I think you should post more often on those cleaning tips. Seems I need to hear some of them....really- we're suppose to wipe the range hood and dials, too? ;)

Hmmm....I'm a little nervous about you randomizing me...but maybe...as long as you don't ask me any American Idol questions! :)

Kelli said...

I've been hit up by Shalee- but hey! What the heck :)

Lynn Donovan said...

Linda,

You are a lovely woman. I about rolled on the floor and wet my pants over the Sanjaya comment at the top. Fun---ney!!!

I also started blogging after attending Mount Hermon Writers Conference. It was amazing how I knew immediately God wanted me to blog???

I added you to my blogroll. Hope that is okay...

I loved the questions and answers you gave and I would love to meet you in person. Blessings, Lynn

Deven said...

Oooooooo... I would love to be randomized. My pregnancy brain is not being overly creative, aside from doing things like putting my car keys in the fridge or other silliness.

Susanne said...

Alright, alright, randomize me. But be gentle 'k? :vD

You had great questions and gave equally great answers. I'm sure your kids would love all those cleaning instructions written out that they could just refer to anytime they wanted. :vD

Clemntine said...

Oh, do me! Do me!

Sandy said...

Some day I am going to meet you and laugh up a storm.
Speaking of *storm* did you know that Dwight's real name is Rainn? (2 n's I think)
We think he is hilarious!!!!!

Linda said...

Ok, my randomizing offer is now closed. I will be emailing you all shortly!

Deena said...

You are so much fun to goof around with! I loved your answers: "It was a dark and stormy night"--**snort**

I just love you!!

Nise' said...

Thanks for visitng me and leaving a nice compliment! No one has said I look like Denise Richard, but too many have said, "you look like the mom from that show Family Ties, what's her name?" Meredith Baxter.

JennaG said...

Oh, I hope you get to go see them. Four hours away would make for a great weekend get-away for the two of you!