Sunday, July 01, 2007

And Just What is a "Monkey Nut?"

asked Connie. Well, Connie, I'm glad you asked. Because I didn't know. And so a simple question from you has opened up a teachable moment to me, and thus I pass along this vital information to those who stop by this site perhaps expecting to read about gourmet coffee or according to a very popular Google search on my site: "Biggest female biceps."

So.

It turns out that "monkey nuts" could be one of two things:

1) Peanuts holding two to a pod like this:











2) Some sort of tropical drink that you are served in a plastic monkey head at swanky outdoor cafes such as the one pictured here at the Indiana State Fair, "Home of the Deep-Fried Everything, Including Water and Sunscreen."



So once again, I offer this great pic of a woman making me proud to be a Hoosier:

5 comments:

Susan said...

Well...thank you for that. My life is much enriched for this explanation.

By the way, I see the Life of Pi is on your Summer Reading List. I just finished it and reviewed it on my blog today.

Have a great week!!

:-) Susan

Roxanne said...

Okay. . .I think the words "monkey" and "nut" should not be allowed that close together in any written or stated material.

That being said, I LOVE your new profile photo. You match your new flashing shoes, although I don't see them sported on your lovely, soft as a baby's bottom feet, which (I also noticed) are no longer bandaged from your soujourn with the Heel-O-Matic.

You are too funny.

I still crack up at "Hoosier Savior?"

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! LOL! I do have to agree that "monkey" and "nut" shouldn't be words close together. But thanks for clearing things up. :D

I like your new About Me pic.

Gretchen said...

Okey Dokey, then. Thanks!

2Thinks said...

Interesting. I did plant a peanut plant on Saturday. I wonder if it can possibly find the will within itself to grow even though the temperature is 44 degrees at night and not much past 65 in the daytime here in lovely, frostbitten forever Michigan. Perhaps I will get a monkey nut out of the deal.
Heidi