Sunday, October 28, 2007

Prayer Request

If you could just take 10 seconds today to lift up someone in my family, I'd appreciate it. I know my cousin would appreciate your prayers for her son, Nate, who is in his 20s and is in intensive care for a mysterious illness. Please pray that his seizures stop and that no permanent damage remains and of course that he will be completely healed. Theirs is a family of faith, and I cannot tell you how inspiring it is to see them hang tough and hang onto Christ through this ordeal. Still, she is a mom who sat by her son's side in the hospital on his birthday while he lay there unconscious. Although Nate's family is strong, they experience hopeful moments followed immediately by heart-breaking moments, and they're exhausted. Moms, you don't love your kids any less once they're in their 20's, I can assure you. Thanks for asking God to heal Nate and take care of his family.

16 comments:

PJ said...

We'll be praying for Nate! (So true, you don't love them any less when they're 36 either!!)

PJ

Jerri Phillips said...

Linda,
Our family will be praying.

Kari & Kijsa said...

Prayers have already been lifted here! We posted a very applicable verse from Phillipians 4 today. Blessings to you and your family.
kari & kijsa

Tammy said...

Linda, I will commit to pray for your family and Nate. May God be Jehovah Rapha in his life even tonight and may he overwhelm the heart of his mother with His perfect peace that passes all understanding. I am also going to ask God to strengthen you as you minister to them during this time! I will be lifting you all up tonight and again first thing in the morning as I am typing it into my phone as a reminder to pray! Thanks for the opportunity to join you in prayer!

Merrie said...

Yes, I agree in the Name of Jesus for Nate's total and complete healing! I pray for his parents that they would feel the strength of the Holy Spirit and the Father's love and comfort, rest and refreshing as Nate is totally restored to them!

Deven said...

Thanks, Linda. We appreciate all the prayers we can get.

Melanie said...

Praying for all of them.

Barbara H. said...

Just took a moment to pray. Keep us posted.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Ann said...

I'm praying for Nate and the family, too.

Badness Jones said...

They're in my thoughts and prayers.

Susanne said...

Oh, Linda. Praying for Nate and his family. Praying for wisdom for the doctors too!

Southern Girl said...

Bless their hearts. I'll be praying on and off for them... hope we'll get good news soon.

samurai said...

Praying for you, and your family...

Tammy said...

Praying!

Cynthia said...

Praying for the entire family!

Jerri Phillips said...

Has Nate's condition improved yet?