Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I've Got Jesus, and You've Got Simon"

Cracked me up. I didn't really understand the song about Jesus and gravity, but as always, I say 'yay for Jesus,' and I thought that gravity was a dicey topic for Dolly, but that line of hers was the best I've heard all week.

I was all set to watch AI when somewhere around half-time, three fire trucks stopped right in front of my house with all of their lights going. Even though I thought my block might be exploding or there might be a manhunt for a dangerous criminal, I could barely tear myself away. But I did. Long enough to wake up Jorge and make him put on a coat and go out and ask them what was up. So I had all my bases covered.

Well, I don't think anyone was surprised that Ramiele was sent home, bless her little heart. One of the oddest moments of the night was looking at bottom three, with Ramiele stuck between the two Amazon Blondes. The other weird moment was Kristy Lee revealing her note about reserving a seat on Bottom Three Row. It's like when a person announces some flaw to the world so that he/she can be sure everyone else knows that he/she already knows about said flaw, and the world has nothing on them, "so, there!" Ick.

So that's it. Outside, there was a smelly gas line. We didn't explode. Inside, Ramiele had leaky eyes, but she didn't explode on stage, bless her little heart. Why do I watch this show year after year. I do not know. Maybe it was just to get to the point to hear and fully appreciate Dolly Parton saying, "I've Got Jesus, and you've got Simon" to Ryan. That is good TV Y'all!

17 comments:

Melanie said...

I was at church and missed it all. Got online to read an update and of course it is still on in California somewhere. I knew I could count on Linda!

So glad your house didn't blow up. I would have missed the update. ;>)

Pam said...

Don't leave us hanging, girl....inquiring minds want to know: What did Jorge find out?!?

Marmee said...

After the bittersweet story of the 2 African sisters getting reunited, Dolly with all her humble sweetness and then Ramiele's tears followed by singing her little heart out, I'm all spent! I can't do this anymore.

But you can be sure I'll be there next week and, Lord willing, next year!

Teri said...

It was another night just for Jesus. I mean, did you hear that band singing "This Little Light of Mine?"

My husband and I had to miss church last night because we had to go to the funeral home...half way through Dolly's performance I turned to him and announced "I feel like I've been in chur-rrch!" (Said with my best southern accent, of course!)

I must say, odd moment #3 could have been when Brooke was hugging Ramiele after she was axed...my almost nine year old son said "What are they doing?" It was a little awkward. But boy, you could feel the love!

Sorry for the novel. Have a great Thursday!

Mocha with Linda said...

I'll take Jesus, thankyouverymuch.

Carrie said...

You crack me up! LOL
I'm glad you didn't explode.
God bless :)

dcrmom said...

LOL! thanks for your perspective. I was rather turned off by the whole thing, and I love me some Dolly, but I was disappointed. Oh well. It was entertaining, at least I will agree with THAT!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So glad your street didn't explode! :)

I blogged about it, too- how could I resist writing about Jesus and gravity???

Shonda said...

Hello Linda,

I havent stopped by in a while. I came by to say Hello.

I grew up country and I've always liked Dolly. I even stopped in Pigeon Forge a few years ago, but I didnt get to meet her.

I too am glad your street didnt explode!

Blessings in Christ-

DidiLyn said...

Darn it, I missed it last night. I love hearing the things that come out of Dolly's mouth. Seemingly without thought. It's a gift, I tell ya.

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

Right on the money, as usual!

Kelley

Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) said...

Somethin's up. That was a lot of singing about Jesus this week on Idol. Twice Tuesday, and Dolly and the band that preceded her with "This Little Light of Mine."

I dunno, but I think I saw some pigs flyin' around. And it made my heart happy!

Darlene R. said...

So glad that your neighborhood didn't blow up! If you remember, I thought our neighborhood was going to blow up a couple of weeks ago!
Dern Gaslines!

Fran said...

Love me some Dolly Parton!

I'll take some Jesus too...thank you very much.

MoodyBlue said...

SO glad your house was safe & your block, Thank God!

LOVED that Jesus was mentioned SO much!!! It's about time! Gotta love Dolly, she is such a free spirit. LOVED her line to Ryan. Then he goes back to her "looks like I got the short end of the stick".

I really thought it was so weird when Kristy wrote that sign...she mentioned the other week about going to the seat too. She needs to be more confident.

Dolly SO missed telling Simon that Kristy didn't sound like her on helium!!

claudia said...

Hi Linda, I just have to tell ya that I've never been an Idol Fan, hardly ever seen it, but your funny posts have got me watching, once last week, and both nights this week. And guess what? I am hooked..! claudia ..

Ruthie said...

I thought Dolly's song was great. Yeah, I'm wondering what's up, too, but I'm not complaining!

That was weird about the "Kristy's seat" sign. I don't think I understood it.

Did you feel at all sad for Ramiele, and then a bit guilty that you'd wanted her to leave? Or was that just me?

-