Friday, July 25, 2008

The Lone Wolf is Joining the Pack--Are You "Hungry Like The Wolf?"



Believing GOD

What you say on your blog can come back to you, ladies.

This week, I received an email message from Diane of Meyers on the Hood:

I have now seen a couple comments spread around the BloggyWorld where you mentioned you might want to/should probably do the online Beth Moore "Believing God" Bible study. I want to/should probably do it, too. If you sign up, I'll sign up.

I said that?

Yep. More than once. But as far back as January, I posted about being the last lone wolf who had not joined a Beth Moore study. As a result, no one has ever called me a Siesta.

What someone called me, instead, relative to my lack of Beth Mooreness, is "Penultimate Coolness," which is the same as saying, "Almost Cool But Not Quite." In fact, here is my favorite comment after that post from none other than Missy of It's Almost Naptime:

You are way too cool to not have done a Beth study. Seriously. That is the ONLY thing holding you back from Ultimate Coolness. Right now, you are Penultimate Coolness.

I think she and Diane are right. It's time. And besides, "Siesta" is way easier to say than "The Penultimate Coolness."

Anyway, several of you commented after that post that I was not the last lone wolf, that some of you, too, had not participated yet.

If this is you, and you would like to join Diane and me in this online study, here's a little sumpin' we cooked up that might make your eyes narrow and the fur on the back of your neck stand up.

Every Thursday for the next nine weeks, Diane and I will take turns posting about that particular week's lesson. While we Diane and I totally Ken Lee each other, it would be awesome to hear from you about what you took away from that lesson and how God is moving in your life and circumstances.

You know, it would be like Diane and I are the wolves who howl first at the moon, and then you howl in response, and then we howl in return and so on, until the sun comes up or someone shoots us. Fun!

We are so excited about doing this that WE GOT A BUTTON.



Believing GOD


You are welcome to copy our "Believing God" button and put it on your own blog so that others can join in on this journey of faith-building. Kind of like adding to the fold. But not the sheepfold, for heaven's sake, because then we'd have to eat them.



Sound fun? Sound like an adventure that God might want you to be a part of?
In that case, sign up and do your first week's lesson [watch a video, fill in some blanks] then meet us back here this Thursday, July 31.

We'll be here. Even if it's just the two of us. [Please don't let it be just the two of us.]

And now, this video doesn't have anything to do with Beth Moore or Diane or Missy, except that Missy is a child of the '80s, but here is Duran Duran with "Hungry Like the Wolf," which kept blaring in my head as I wrote this post. Maybe all Simon really needed was to join the Beth Moore online Bible study, "Believing God."




*Button designed by one of the most patient women in the world, Lindsay, of Splat Designs. Thanks!

18 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

You are too funny.

And I never would have guessed that you're just now gonna start Believing God. I thought you had been doing so for years! :-)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I've noticed some other bloggers talking about that study. It pricks my heart every time I see something of it because I actually started that Bible Study at my old church a LLLOOOONNGG time ago (the off-line kind). I think I only got through the first few weeks and had to put it down, which some would call a cardinal sin. (?)

Anyway, maybe I should join you...that way I could actually finish something that I intended to finish!

I really don't spend enough time on this computer anyway. :-)

Truth4thejourney said...

Sounds like a great thing! Count me in. I've pasted the button and posted about it.

So where do we go for commenting? Here or Diane's site, or our own and then link it here?

Sonya

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I crown you "Siesta".

Welcome.

I would love to join you for Believing God again, but I am still working my way thru Daniel (another of her studies). I put it down a few months back, but have recently picked it back up again.

Y'all will be blessed!

annie's eyes said...

Mama mia! The lone wolf is joining the pack...Believing God is such an awesome study, probably my favorite of hers. You will be so blessed! Love you, Annette

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

FINALLY, you'll be cool.

I've done approximately a zillion studies, many of them Bethie's. But Believing God??? The best EVER. Changed my life in lasting ways. I should really do it again.

Do you watch the videos someho when it is an online study? Because they are INCREDIBLE.

And you must say the things outloud she asks you to. Even though it feels funny. You must. Only then can truly be called a Siesta.

carol ~ i throw like a girl said...

I've been doing this study by myself, but I am only on week 2, so I would love to join you! You will love it, too.

Marina said...

Now to really be crown a Siesta you need to post on Beth Moore blog LMP and come to san antoion,tx in aug, for the siesta fun! :),love,marina

PJ said...

I suppose after serving God for ????40+??? Years, I should start believin' too!!! (Be back later to join up -- gotta find my purse to get that credit card...and I'm cleaning right now .... or I'm supposed to be but my Google Reader beckoned to me....So....I'm IN!)

Funny, I just found "Get Out of That Pit" and came over to post it on my Shelfari when GR nabbed me!!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Shhh .. I've never done a Beth Moore Bible study either. I've done lots of others and actually lead a Bible study at church, but we've always found other books to do. I do have "A Heart Like His" sitting on my bedside table as some of my "extra" reading.

Darlene R. said...

Welcome Siesta!! I am doing another study right now, or I would be in on this one!

Truth4thejourney said...

Hi Linda,

Just for fun I've tagged you! Come on over to my blog to get the details! :)

Mary said...

How funny!
I "tagged you, too! The same details are on my blog!

You will have to come up with some really good stuff!

mary

Carol said...

I have to tell you I have never done a Beth Moore study either. I have read her books, though. I just finshed ready Believing God a couple of weeks ago. I'm still thinking about it. It was that good. I know this will be great!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

We will be on the heels of moving by then, so sign my up. I will totally need some fresh Word by then.

40winkzzz said...

Sorry, I didn't watch the video because I will only ever listen to the David Cook version of that song now. Not that it was one of his best, but hey. It was David Cook.

And see what *I* focused on here, as opposed to everyone else? That makes me your Heathen Commenter of the Day.

Although I do have to say that Beth Moore is even more inspiring than DC. (And even though I used initials for David I didn't for Beth because it wouldn't have sounded right. You know.)

~ said...

I haven't done this study either..I might just join you!!

Susan said...

I haven't done the study, but don't know if I can jump in this time due to school starting and some other things I have to do at church right now. I was just thinking today, however, that I need to seek out a Beth Moore study...so maybe you could do a second one and I could join then...I'm going to pray about it.