Susanne at Living to Tell the Story (click on button) hosts a Friday meme which I love because I celebrate anything related Fridays, my favorite day of the week, and that's not just a plug for a particular restaurant in a crass attempt to get a gift card.
But come to think of it, should upper management of the chain happen upon this post and suddenly feel wildly beneficent, I'm up for that. Usually, when requesting gifts, I, like Charlie Brown's sister Sally would say, “Don’t make it too complicated on yourself—just send money, tens and twenties!” but I thought I'd be more subtle and clas-say here. [wink-wink]
Top Five Faves This Week:
1. Seeing Kristin pass her learner's permit exam. Post to follow on the more bizarre aspects of the BMV experience and the fact that my baby is going to be steering hundreds of pounds of metal on public streets soon.
2. Having Elvis stop at my desk this week. Yes, The King came right up to my desk while I was on the phone with my boss, and I actually had to say to my boss, "Could you hold on a minute because Elvis is at my desk." And that is a sentence I never thought I'd say. The story is, each year a local company employing people with special needs hosts a Thanksgiving lunch in our gym, which is connected to my office. This company always gets the same Elvis impersonator to entertain their guests, due to popular demand. They love this guy. He does it all--singing, sweating, and wrapping scarves around people. But even Elvis gets a little confused once in a while and has to stop into offices and ask directions. Therefore, Elvis stopping at your desk to ask a question? -- priceless, especially when you have a blog.
3. The. Food. Network. I am probably exploding my DVR's capabilities by taping every food Challenge show there is. My favorite this week? The Seuss Cake Challenge! And the cupcake Challenge!
4. Being on steroids. Yes, you read that right. I was put on a short course of steroids to make the orbs that were once my eyes shrink back down to human size instead of Cyclops size. The relief has been amazing, since the itching has felt like tiny bugs were crawling in and out of my eyelashes (ugh!) alternating with the distinct sensation of sunburned lids being seared on a grill. So steroids, although they make me want to eat this luscious-looking computer screen right now and my scented candle that's burning, is a fav thing this week.
5. Scarves. My newest fashion love, which puts me only several years behind the East Coast and Europe! Actually, Europe is just catching up with me because I wore lots of plaid and knitted scarves in high school in the 70's. I remember having an oh-so-fashionable purple one on in my sophomore picture. My daughter brought a purple pashmina home to me from London, and I'm so excited to wear it now that the weather has turned cold.
I'm loving this one because I'm into black and white this year.
And this one I love because it's not bulky, but a beautiful Burberry plaid. Yum.
Here are some cute ways to "tie one on" without the hangover. Unless you count the ends of the scarf as "hangovers."
Oh, I lurve da doggie scarf. Do you think I should get one for Zoe?
Tying video, if you're interested:
So what made the cut on your Fave Five list this week?