Friday, November 21, 2008

Secret Meaning of Your Name




What Linda Means



You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow. "Chill" is not an adjective, but I do go with the flow, except when the flow is a sentence written that awkwardly.

You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily. Um, see the description after this next one, which seems to imply the opposite. Perhaps I am merely ambivalent, or perhaps I'm multi-faceted like fine crystal.

Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. Oh yes, people routinely stop me to ask my secret to life as they mistake me for a Walmart employee. That's what they're really asking when they say, "Can you tell me where's the big mans' clothes is?"

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing. So now I'm tightly wound. Whatever. You make me grit my teeth.

You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. I beg your pardon. I have a long-standing love relationship with chocolate no-bake cookies, Camaros, and ELO, so "Don't Bring Me Down."

You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start. True. And I WILL finish my gingerbread house.

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people. That is why exactly 20 people in the entire U.S. voted for my favorite Presidential candidate.

You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts. No way. I dare anyone to find any evidence at all in any of my posts of my getting carried away about things like dessert, LOST and the Food Network Challenge shows.

You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals. What's that supposed to mean, Buster?

You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row. That's why I misplaced a brand new jacket for two weeks that I had only worn once. It turned up under my desk at work. Which means it did not turn up in one square inch of my entire house that I combed over with a mascara wand looking for a big black jacket for nothing.

You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace. Oh, this is the cruelest joke of all. Even the teenage interns run me.

People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality. That is so not true. OK, it was true when I was a little kid in the neighborhood, but we all know that our basic personalities change as we grow older and more mellow. Don't we.

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. I strive for perfection for about 60 seconds, and then I give in to "learned helplessness." Works for me. And not just on Wednesdays.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. I'm sure [being confident] that you will [authoritative] be leaving me a comment, or else [aggressive].

You have the classic “Type A” personality. Type A, as in "Annoying."

21 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - when I saw the heading in my Reader, I thought "this will be fun to do" and only when your actual post came up did I realize that I wasn't going to get to do it myself!

Yeah, this pretty much describes me.

I prefer to consider my "Type A" as "Adorable". Although my method of choosing the winner of my Booked for the Holidays giveaway pretty much confirms the other.

I have always loved Camaros and was so excited when my husband and I were dating and he switched cars with me and took my dorky Nova and let me drive his Z-28!! His friends knew that meant he would marry me 'cause he loved his car!

Brenda Susan said...

So very funny! You crack me up again & again!

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Linda, I think the "A" means "All time best." It fits you, girlfriend!

You have a lot to live up to in your name, but I think you can do it!

Becky said...

One word... bunk. At least as far as mine was concerned. :-p These quizzes are no good for my self esteem... is there a quiz for that?

I posted about my blogs reading level yesterday... junior high! Thank you very much.

Susan Storm Smith said...

Interesting it actually got me pretty accurate!

Dena @ Green Acres said...

When the first thing it said about me was that I was organized, to one of the last things it said which was that I'm wise, this quiz had me cracking up. It was way off for me, which to me translates to "I've never heard of your name before, so here's a generic response. Now go away". LOL

Patricia said...

You know, you're like that girl in the group who is always getting everyone else to jump in on her fun!

My name came out "A" as well. My family just calls me "'A' control-freak."

Now I've gotta go to my blog and post my name-diagnosis. Scary how close it is to me. ;-/

BTW, I'm getting my mom to find a picture I remember: it's me at about 4 years old in front of...wait for it....a silver Christmas tree (instead of a brother-don't have one-I'm posing with a new bike in KICKING white boots and pjs).

Mel said...

Ok the tightly wound comment and the teenage intern comment made me spit coffee onto my keyboard...

thanks for the morning chuckles..i did check out my name and due to my name's bizare spelling it kicked back "are you kidding me" :)

carol ~ i throw like a girl said...

Hey Linda! Fun quiz. When I took it, they gave me many of the same traits as you, only in a different order. Hmmmm....

Have a great Saturday and the whole weekend for that matter!

Susanne said...

I have really got to learn to swallow my coffee before starting to read over here. You crack me right up woman. I almost lost it over the tendency to paranioa one. Now I have to go see what my name is all about.

sara said...

Are you STILL working on that gingerbread house?! :)

Jeanette said...

This was fun! I tried me, my Dad, my husband, my sons and it was pretty true, how they come up with that is beyond me. Thanks for the comment about my Dad's post, just think one day we will be 80 something. Have a great Thanksgiving week.

Dorothy Champagne said...

That was pretty accurate for me. BTW, I've tagged you! :)

Giving Thanks said...

Good Morning!

Just a reminder from Heather (@ Swallowing A Moose) of the Giving Thanks @ Thanksgiving Bloggers Event starting tomorrow, Sunday. The dedicated site found at www.themouthbehindthemoose.blogspot.com and is ready for those of you who are participating to link up. In case you haven’t heard many of us are dedicating a post on our own blogs of our testimonies as a way of ‘Giving Thanks’ to the Lord for His work in our lives. If you missed the 1st invite just head over to the site and the instructions for how to participate are below the top post. Hope to see your testimony there!

Blessings,
Heather Twitchell
Host of Giving Thanks @ Thanksgiving

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Linda, I got your comment about the post. No worries, there is plenty of time! :) I'd like a holiday-themed humorous post. You can email it to me (if you are able?) at stonefox@pobox.com I originally said Dec. 1 but if that is too soon, whatever works for you is fine! Hope your computer gets repaired or replaced soon. I know how that is! Bummer!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Well, I've figured out their system, anyway. Each alphabet letter has a corresponding description. You have five unique letters in your name, so you have five paragraphs. I have three letters in my name (the 'a' appears twice), so I have three paragraphs, and the one that corresponds to the 'a' in my name is the same as yours. Get it?

Still, it's funny how these things turn out and even funnier if the description is close to how we see ourselves.

Yolanda said...

Thanks for sharing this, and mine hit pretty close to home in my opinion.

Greg C said...

Wow you are complicated. Mine is much more simple.....I'm hungry.

Laurie Ann said...

So fun! I'm going to do mine now, with comments...

Julie said...

LInda,
How come some of the characteristics in your name are the same as in my name??? LInda/Julie... not even close.

My family would laugh if they read the characteristics of my name.... heck I laughed....

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.
Julie

Julie said...

P.S. I drove a 1969 Camaro.... with a spoiler on the back.... It was my 2nd car that I bought. I bought it in the late 70's.... What a car...