Here is how I'm moving through life today.
1. I woke up to learn that my computer has left us in spirit. It was fine last night at 11:00, but by 6:00 am, it was deader than a doornail. And doornails are some of the deadest things there are. Apparently. (Note to self: What is a doornail. Google this tomorrow at work.)
2. In a shocked stupor over the departed computer, I spastically swigged down my last sips of coffee this morning and spilled it all down the front of me.
3. On my way to work, my van was possessed by the Spirit of "Technology Hates Linda" and decided to randomly turn on its wipers intermittently all the way to work.
4. I was sitting in staff meeting and had a little itch on my forearm. While my staff was discussing really important spiritual stuff like whether we should use frozen turkeys or frozen Cornish hens for turkey bowling this Sunday, I popped a rivet off my jacket sleeve that went about 20 feet through the air. This beats the Altoid that fell down my "decolletage."
5. Later, someone turned in a lost and found item which at first glance looked like my daughter's Ipod, having a circular button on the front. So I said to our two high school interns, "Can you guys try to figure out who this belongs to because I'm busy and I don't know much about those things, anyway." To which they replied with loud, LOUD high school intern laughter at the old lady behind the desk who had actually mistaken a phone with "Verizon" on the front for an Ipod. Well now. I'm so glad that when I've had enough harassment from my own biological teenagers, I can look forward to even more abuse from the office teenagers!
6. My hearing. It is betraying me. I was listening to a commercial about diabetes (because I don't have diabetes, nor does anyone I even know have diabetes, but still, I listen--makes complete sense) when I could've sworn the announcer guy said, "Tattoo diabetes" and "Tai Kwan diabetes." I wondered what in the world these new strains of diabetes were, when I realized he was saying, "Type One [Tai Kwan]" and "Type Two [Tattoo]."
7. All I really want to do is bake gingerbread. I'm so into this house I'm creating, you guys! I'm obsessed with it. So far, I've spent a total of 4 1/2 hours on it, and I've only baked the roof, the front and back. No side walls yet. I'm totally into the Food Network Holiday Challenge Shows, and I think in my head I'm actually an off-camera participant.
Such is my life. On a borrowed laptop, in a post without pictures, in a room with a dead computer over there and renegade wipers waiting for me in the garage tomorrow morning.
So I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds. But for now, I'm going to bed, while visions of gingerbread dance in my head.