Wow, that is a great award. I myself do not care to see myself saying anything again for a long, long time, until summer, perhaps. Unless I have a day wherein I feel really outgoing and confident, which usually only happens when I injudiciously imbibe a THIRD cup of coffee. Dangerous.
Because I've never had one, I can't imagine how a 4th cup would affect me. Maybe it would be like those horribly outdated, awful movies they showed us in high school about how you shouldn't do LSD or you might think you can fly and jump off a ledge. Who knows, a 4th cup might cause me to throw Zoe over the ledge just to see the flying squirrel. Shudder.
Newsflash: I won Sara's "Perfected Bedhead" Award Tuesday, mainly due to this pic, which has inspired my husband to call me by a new endearing nickname, "Yikes":
Thanks to all who voted for me as I sacrificed all claims to personal dignity for a Starbucks card. By the way, not one person said, "I voted for you!" because I think everyone who did knows that this is like saying, "Yikes. You look really, really, really bad. The baddest of the bad." Oh well. All I have to do is think of the card, and I'm OK with it.
2nd Cup 2008 Re-cap:
This was the year my traffic picked up, although I can still clearly see up the skirts of the Trifecta of Christian Mom Bloggers, so to speak.
You wanna know what pushed me over the edge?
Dateline: April. Subject: a little TV program called American Idol.
The other two biggest months were September and December, which are directly related to the
Discounting any posts attached to popular memes such as Wordless Wednesday or anything remotely attached to Boo Mama, or ISWYS, your favorite posts, according to number of comments are:
5. Beware of the Amish Heaters The one where my mom calls me early in the morning to warn me of the dastardly heaters, just in case I was about to run out and buy one.
4. Last Days Where I whine about my boy growing up and he zings me at the end of the post.
3. Can I Get a Napkin, Please? or Musicals, They Kill Me Could be my personal fav this year.
2. Bizness A terribly ineptly named post about a horrible Burger King Commercial and a request for your opinion about my wallpaper. You all LOVE choosing wallpaper, let me tell you.
1. Commercials for the Department of ED, and that's not "Education" (Ere*tile Dysfunkshun)
My personal favorites and close runners up were the political posts about how the candidates were like Sesame Street puppets and what political jargon really means. Plus, I love poking fun at my family life, also known by group title in my head: "My Kids Are Out To Get Me."
I hope you had a great year blogging and a meaningful year personally, even though I shared heartaches with many of you, which was difficult but precious to me. Thanks for being such a big part of my life on a daily basis.
Have a Rockin' New Year's Eve!