Wednesday, December 31, 2008

ISWYS and 2008 Re-Cap

I hope you enjoyed ISWYS. I sure enjoyed your videos all day long. I would do a little housework (I'm on vacation) then refresh my page to see if anyone new posted. I did this literally all day/night long! You all did a great job, and I'm thrilled that some brand new bloggers jumped on board and that some reticent veterans caved in to my requests (begging and guilting) and joined the party, as well. You guys are the BEST! In fact, I'm giving you all an award that says, "I Was The Best!":



Wow, that is a great award. I myself do not care to see myself saying anything again for a long, long time, until summer, perhaps. Unless I have a day wherein I feel really outgoing and confident, which usually only happens when I injudiciously imbibe a THIRD cup of coffee. Dangerous.

Because I've never had one, I can't imagine how a 4th cup would affect me. Maybe it would be like those horribly outdated, awful movies they showed us in high school about how you shouldn't do LSD or you might think you can fly and jump off a ledge. Who knows, a 4th cup might cause me to throw Zoe over the ledge just to see the flying squirrel. Shudder.

Newsflash: I won Sara's "Perfected Bedhead" Award Tuesday, mainly due to this pic, which has inspired my husband to call me by a new endearing nickname, "Yikes":



Thanks to all who voted for me as I sacrificed all claims to personal dignity for a Starbucks card. By the way, not one person said, "I voted for you!" because I think everyone who did knows that this is like saying, "Yikes. You look really, really, really bad. The baddest of the bad." Oh well. All I have to do is think of the card, and I'm OK with it.

Pathetic.

2nd Cup 2008 Re-cap:


This was the year my traffic picked up, although I can still clearly see up the skirts of the Trifecta of Christian Mom Bloggers, so to speak.

You wanna know what pushed me over the edge?

Dateline: April. Subject: a little TV program called American Idol.

The other two biggest months were September and December, which are directly related to the spectacularly clever writing two ISWYS carnivals.

Discounting any posts attached to popular memes such as Wordless Wednesday or anything remotely attached to Boo Mama, or ISWYS, your favorite posts, according to number of comments are:

5. Beware of the Amish Heaters The one where my mom calls me early in the morning to warn me of the dastardly heaters, just in case I was about to run out and buy one.

4. Last Days Where I whine about my boy growing up and he zings me at the end of the post.

3. Can I Get a Napkin, Please? or Musicals, They Kill Me Could be my personal fav this year.

2. Bizness A terribly ineptly named post about a horrible Burger King Commercial and a request for your opinion about my wallpaper. You all LOVE choosing wallpaper, let me tell you.

1. Commercials for the Department of ED, and that's not "Education" (Ere*tile Dysfunkshun)

My personal favorites and close runners up were the political posts about how the candidates were like Sesame Street puppets and what political jargon really means. Plus, I love poking fun at my family life, also known by group title in my head: "My Kids Are Out To Get Me."

I hope you had a great year blogging and a meaningful year personally, even though I shared heartaches with many of you, which was difficult but precious to me. Thanks for being such a big part of my life on a daily basis.

Have a Rockin' New Year's Eve!

24 comments:

lmerie said...

You are doing good! Up AND writing a blog after yesterday's shindig! You rock! hehe

Thanks for the fun!

Happy New Year!

annie's eyes said...

When I need a smile, you faithfully deliver, girl. What I love about your writing is it can be light and have substance at the same time. It's been a fun year, hasn't it. Happy, blessed 2009! Love, Annette

Mocha with Linda said...

BTW, a lot of good your little tutorial "How to upload your own videos" was. Nothing like sitting there for 20 minutes and then having Blogger tell me FAILED. What that did for my self-esteem, not to mention my frustration level, is beyond description.

Yet another reason I am ready for 2008 to be out of here!

But the carnival itself was fun to watch other people be all embarrassed when they were perfectly darling. You are definitely the Hostess with the Mostest.

And your Bedhead Award proves what you have the Mostest of!

Happy New Year! Keep a Lid on the revelry tonight!

Laurie Ann said...

Congrats on the bedhead win! You did good (read: you are brave!) for that Starbucks card. I'd make the sacrifice, too, LOL. I enjoyed all your posts this year - at least since I've been reading. I can't wait to see what the new year brings! Hope you have a wonderful one.

Jen said...

I noticed several people had problems with blogger yesterday. There was a note on blogger that there were problems uploading a certain type of video. Maybe that's why some people (including me) couldn't upload in the morning.

Julie said...

Linda, It was a year ago that I found your blog...

I tried to post a video, had it all fixed up, make-up on, etc.... but it didn't work... blah!

I've enjoyed the year getting to know you.

See ya next Year!!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Love you and your blog...even if you did beat me at bedhead :)


"This was the year my traffic picked up, although I can still clearly see up the skirts of the Trifecta of Christian Mom Bloggers, so to speak." best line ever :)

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi Linda~ I've enjoyed your blog this year, and look forward to all you have to share with us in 2009! :-)

Cathy Davis said...

I think I voted for you with the hair thing...but it's just because you said so - no other reason ;).

I'm so glad I found my way to your blog and you are one of my precious bloggy friends.

*hugs*

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Linda, I agree with you; one of my personal faves was the political posts comparing the candidates to Sesame Street puppets and the political jargon...absolutely hysterical, astute, and of course timely all at once!

I've said it before: you have inspired me and many others into this world of written expression, and have given us all a year (and more!) of laughs, warm hearts, and encouragement that I don't think any of us could forget.

Thank you, Linda, and I thank God that He brought me to you. You are a blessing to me and to so many. Happy New Year, and many many more!

Susanne said...

My day would not be the same without starting it with a 2nd Cup. Raising my cup 'o joe to our time together and to new fun in the New Year!

Happy New Year to you and your fam!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Congrats on your award, I think.

And, why Chuck Colson for us? Did I miss something?

Anyway, Happy New Year!

My ADHD Me said...

Yesterday was fun! I do think twice a year would be perfect...too much of a good thing can be..well..too much. Also...WHEW!! It was HARD to work up the nerve. Things like that come naturally to Chatty Kelly...as for me...much happier hiding behind my computer screen. Of course after all was said and done...IT WAS FUN!!

P.S. My personal favorite Can I Have A Napkin Please!! As a matter of fact, I'm going to re-watch it right now.
BYE and thanks for hosting ISWYS.

Mel said...

Happy 2009, may the new year continue to bring excellent blogs from you!!!!!!

Greg C said...

I had a ball doing the vlogs. Maybe next time we can make it a theme vlog or something like that. I am ready to do it again. As for my next post, I will be making that tomorrow if I can still feel my fingers. I will also be doing a recap of 2008 but I am waiting until tomorrow just in case someone wants to send me a million dollars to end my year out with a bang.

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Linda, thanks for dropping by my little inkspot on the web.

You are a funny girl and your writing is very... jiggly, like jello... fun to read.

Come on by anytime and I'll serve you a fresh cup of java!
Love, Dana and Daisy

Chatty Kelly said...

Happy New Year Linda! Looking forward to Ken Leeing you in 2009!

My favorite post quite possibly (Other than Ken Lee) was the Ching Ching post. LOL!

Carol said...

Chuck Colson; the Watergate fall guy who now does prison ministry.

I'm having a little trouble relating at present. Of course, there's always the possibility that I could end up doing prison ministry...from the inside.

Love your top picks, Linda! The ED commercials slay me!

Happy Old Year!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

I am back !!!

Hope you have a Happy New Year too. I am sorry I missed the 'I see what you are saying' I will catch it next time

Tammy said...

I am SO sorry I did not do ISWYS. I thought all morning at work about it and what I wanted people to see me say. I came up with nothing. And before I knew it, I chickened out and the day was over.

Resolving to be brave enough to join in in 2009.

Blessings and Happy New Year!!

skoots1mom said...

gave you a SHOUT OUT TODAY on my blog becuz I bought a gingerbread house cookie cutter and it made me think of you!...wouldn't it be cool to do a "i see what you're building" gingerbread house,cat,dog,car, whatever...for our next holiday vlog? It might be TOO MUCH, but thought it was a good idea for a moment. Anyway, I may not build the entire house, but I will have gingerbread cookies shaped and decorated like one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR...AND MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR LITTLE LIDNUTS...YA'LL WERE SO FUNNY ON YOUR BLOOPERS!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy 2009 and welcome to MBC. I'm a SAHM from Malaysia.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Happy 2009, Lidna!!!

love, Missy

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Your post about musicals and "Can I Get A Napkin Please" has become a regular staple in our home and with my hubbys extended family. I shared that video with all of them and now someone shares an email with all of us and always makes reference to that video in their email. We are so easily entertained. LOL

Happy New Year!