Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ice Cream: A Story, An Event, A Quiz



So, a while back, I wrote about an incident which all of us mom bloggers have posted about at some time or another: the Wowmart grocery shopping experience. The highlight of that trip (no pun intended) was the woman waiting in the customer service line who had foil in her hair for a color treatment. Oh yes she did.

In that same post I happened to mention enjoying a certain brand of ice cream, “Blue Bunny.” Within a couple of days, I received a message from a Blue Bunny representative saying that the company would like to send me some coupons for free ice cream, if that was OK with me.

Almost immediately I replied, “Oh, no. That’s definitely not OK with me. Because if there’s one thing I don’t ever want, it’s dessert, particularly free dessert, especially free ice cream with chunks of heaven in it. Pleaseno, pleaseno, pleasedon’t.”

Despite my best Blanche DuBois protestations, I received a booklet of coupons for 12 free containers of Blue Bunny ice cream!

Do you realize that could mean one free carton per month per year? I know; I couldn’t quite fathom it at first, either, until I got out my calculator with the giant buttons.

Notice I said “that could mean,” which also means I could bring home more than one a month, if I so choose to give into short term gratification.

And I so choose. Oh, I SO choose!

Thus, I have already made one Bunny Tracks ice cream pie in an Oreo cookie crust for a small event. And I have already given one Homemade Turtle Sundae carton to my daughter.

Now I am just about to go get my third gallon as soon as I type this because I have to take yet another dessert somewhere tomorrow evening. I’m going for banana split ice cream in a graham cracker crust with strawberry topping.

As a famous rapper once said, “Woopdiddy!”

So now I have two questions for you:

1. Do you know any other good recipes (that transport well) featuring ice cream, like trifles?
2. Can you tell me why I’m gaining weight by the hour?

And, as luck would have it, I’m not done with ice cream yet. Next Sunday night, we’re having a 100 ft sundae in a rain gutter at Oneighty, as promoted below (click on gif). I just hope I can elbow all of those kids out of the way and show them how a real pro bellies up to the bar!



Take the Quiz!



Your Icecream Flavour is...
French Vanilla!
You're a smooth and silky suave type! You exude class and you believe in tradition. A classical taste who doesn't like things to be too flashy or showy. Climb the Eiffel tower of taste with a spoonfull of you! Oui Oui!
What is your Icecream Flavour?

Find out at Go Quiz

25 comments:

skoots1mom said...

i really prefer moose tracks...but the quiz called me neopolitan. Wow, what fun getting those coupons. Don't you want to mail a few out to your bloggie friends?! What a great idea!

Renna said...

You lucky dawg, you!

I wonder what might've happened had you mentioned you like diamonds...or cruises...or fabulous vacation homes on a beach in Maui? We'll never know, will we, since you already used up your Genie blog wish on Blue Bunny ice-cream. Giggle. ;-Þ

Seriously, congrats on the freebies, but remember, summer fashions are just around the corner....

Becky said...

Yummy, and I'm so sorry. Perhaps you can make some ice cream sandwiches. Put a flavor between chocolate chip or sugar cookies.

Um, I came up as Chocolate ice cream but the description said something about making white kids black and staining sheets :-0 Um... I don't think so... I vote chunky Monkey, lol.

Ballerina Girl said...

I took the quiz...mmm, good one!
Weight by the hour seems to be my specialty right now too! hahaha, could it be the ice cream?
NAH!
Enjoy your day
BG

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Oh, my word!! I'd be bigger than a cow for sure!! But believe it or not, I'm not real big on ice cream....well, occasionally, but I don't ever buy ice cream...something hubby and I just don't partake of...

~Beth

Dena said...

Can't help you with the recipes, because I'm not a fan of ice cream. I know...shocking isn't it? It's ok, I make up for it with consuming extra pounds of chocolate.

Aunt LoLo said...

oh, so jealous! I made ice cream muffins once...i remember using blue bunny butter pecan ice cream and self rising flour. om nom nom

Aunt LoLo said...

http://www.recipezaar.com/ice-cream-muffins-27871

sara said...

I was Neopolitan! and I am sitting here trying to figure out how I can get a years worth of coupons for Blue Bell Icecream!!!!

Debbie said...

I was pegged a chocolate too! Fun. And congrats on the coupons.

Dawn said...

Wow... I think I'm going to name a few of my favorite brand foods and see if anyone volunteers to send some to me. Could I ever be so lucky???

I don't have any good recipes as I pretty much like my icecream straight up. Maybe a few extra toppings.

Blessings!

Mocha with Linda said...

You poor thing, living up north and having to settle for Blue Bunny. Blue Bell is the best there is!!

Cracked me up when you said "bellies up to the bar". Wasn't sure if you caught your pun or not on that one.

And suprise, surprise, the quiz told me my favorite flavor is Chocolate!!

Chatty Kelly said...

It's just a coincidence that I was going to blog about Blue Bunny ice cream tomorrow - really - just a coincidence. You know, I'm not hoping to receive any coupons or anything. :-0

Now - just because I am bitter & jealous...swim suit season is in 3 months. WA-ha-ha! (sinister laugh).

My ADHD Me said...

I will skip the part about asking for recipes because I KNOW you weren't talking to me!

Neopolitan was my answer-"variety is the spice of life"

Beverlydru said...

You had me drooling and ready for the thriller.... a give away of one your coupons. Oh, you tease! I love the photo you mocked up for us. I guess I'll have to go take the quiz now that you've left me out in the cold. LOL

Lorri said...

Send me one of the coupons...I'll try this awesome recipe I have to make sure it's ok, then I'll send it to you!!!!!! :)

Susanne said...

My head is not in ice cream mode seeing as it's -29*F with the wind chill today.

Sorry, don't know any recipes except one that uses ice cream sandwiches and it's awesome. So if you can get sandwiches with them coupons email me and I'll send it to you.

RissaRoo said...

Ooooooooooo! I love Blue Bunny. Many of their flavors are gluten free, so I can actually eat them! How nice of them to send you all those coupons.

The 100 foot sundae in a rain gutter sounds like a great idea, I bet you'll all have so much fun.

Recipe: Make a brownie in a spring-form pan, then put softened cherry-chocolate ice cream over the baked brownie and pack it down. Freeze it until the ice cream is hard. Open the spring-form pan, cover the cake with that chocolate stuff that hardens when it's cold, and decorate it if you want. Yummy!

And I have no idea why you'd be gaining weight. I'm certain that ice cream has no calories, especially Blue Bunny brand. Although I seem to have put on a pound just writing the above recipe, so you could be on to something....

Laurie Ann said...

Yum-O! Glad you won that and are sharing the love. That cancels out the calories of what you may eat, don't you know. (um-hmmm). I took the quiz and got the same results you did.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Coupons from a blog post, hmmm?

I'm off to post on Tiffany diamonds...

in the meantime, I have a recipe somewhere of a Snicker Pie with ice cream. I'll look for it.

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

Congrats on the freebies! Blue Bunny i smy favorite too - one of the many reasons I avoid Wowmart(and, therefore, temptation).

If you want to try Blue Bell that Mocha Linda spoke so highly of you can get it here by the scoop at Cammack Station. They have it specially picked up and brough to the diner.

DidiLyn said...

Wondering why I'm craving a creamy, icey cone of deliciousness....thanks for that, Linda. This is worse than a song stuck in my head.
I want ice cream!

Greg C said...

No linda I couldn't possibly accept one of your free coupons as a gift for being your only faithful male blogger buddy. No, that wouldn't be fair. Send me a darn coupon girly or or or I might make faces at you.

Garden Girl said...

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/oreo-fudge-ice-cream-106562.aspx
Great recipe, looks great and goes short distances...
My boss' wife keeps calling for it.
EASY!

PJ said...

I take my ice cream plain -- drowned in syrup. Butter Pecan -- or anything with caramel and chocolate. In the summertime maybe vanilla with fresh strawberries. BUT...we once did a youth activity "It's a Dog Night" and everyone came as their favorite dog and we ate ice cream from dog dishes (new ones!!) with cookies that looked like dog biscuits. Fun!!!