Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Answering Reader Questions Today



Q. Is it too late for me to join in this effort?
A. No. 1:00 AM is too late for a midnight snack, but it is NOT too late to jump on the bandwagon here. Jump right on. Right now. There is no perfect time with perfect conditions, and this is not a Space Shuttle launch. You are merely launching your rear into gear. Just launch it.

Q. Does jumping on the bandwagon count as movement?
A. If jumping on the bandwagon makes your heart flutter, it counts. And I know that I sometimes do have that heart-fluttering effect on people, like I did on Clinton Kelly and Dave Barry, so it's entirely possible.

Here is my chance to show that you I met Dave Barry. It's a day he'll never forget. He still has the tic he's displaying in this photo from when I charged him over the autograph table for the photo op.

Q. Do I have to do all 30 minutes at once?
A. Nope.

Q. Can you see me when I tell you I'm going to exercise but then I don't?
A. Yes, I'm afraid so. I have connections with a certain man at the North Pole. It's called "networking," you naive thing.

Q. What are you doing for your part of our movement pledge?
A. First of all, we should probably stop referring to our effort as a "movement," lest we are suspected of belonging to a militia OR being a research focus group for constipation. However, I am walking/jogging/ellipticizing. And I plan to get a hula hoop. I forget who inspired me to do that, so please, Miss Hula Hooper, come forth and identify yourself in the comments below.

Q. Could you scare me into exercising like Jillian does the people on "Biggest Loser?"
A. Here is my best attempt:










Q. Is your family supportive of your 30 x 5 commitment?
A. Yes. They say things like, "I'm hiding this bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup so that you won't want it."

Q. Are you actually watching Mr. T. on an infomercial right now as you're typing this?
A. Excuse me, it's not an infomercial. It's a cooking demonstration presentation. Featuring Mr. T. And the FlavorWave.

Q. Is it true that when you went to Susanne's blog, "Living to Tell the Story" to encourage her in the 30 x 5 Challenge that the word verification for your comment was indeed "rears?"
A. In the words of Sarah Palin, "You betcha."

Q. Are you seeing any positive results from The 30 x 5 Challenge yet?
A. Stay tuned!

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

27 comments:

Stepping Stones of Promise said...

Hi! I don't remember how I discovered your blog but I'm glad I did.

I just love your sense of humor!

Unfortunately, I'm watching from afar and have not jumped on the bandwagon - yet!

I'm thinking about it. These things take time you know! LOL

calista said...

I want to sign up!!

Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like a fun challenge!

Shawna said...

Ha ha! You've opened Pandora's box!

What do you wear while you work out?

What's your favorite healthy snack?

What's something clumsy you've done while working out? (e.g., falling off the treadmill, tripping over the cat, etc.)

Speaking of treadmills...My husband, the youth minister, held a lock-in for the teenyboppers the other night. During the night, he caught some of the boys using a shopping cart on the treadmill in the weight room. Picture This: One boy in the cart on the treadmill being held in place/pushed by another boy with several other boys standing around to catch the cart if it drove off the treadmill.

Seriously. This is no joke. Now THAT is a movement activity.

I lost my train of thought. Shocker, I know. I have no more questions at the moment.

shawna-mygirls.blogspot.com

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Cute! I'm on day 5 now....I keep telling myself it's gonna work!!

~Beth

Linda said...

Dave Barry?! I LOVE Dave Barry! Luckkkeeeee!

Kelly said...

Hey,

I've just joined in. I'm excited. After 30x5, let's go for 30xforever!

Ballerina Girl said...

hi Linda!
I can't believe that I have missed all this excitement!!
Where have my blogging days gone? AGH!!!
BG

Mocha with Linda said...

Does shoulders shaking with laughter count?

Teri~Facedown said...

I am looking forward to nap time today because I will spend part of that time attempting to run on the treadmill. I really want to be a runner. So I am going to get it again.

my Q: Do you actually work at your witty-ness or does it just naturally come out?

;)

Betty said...

Well, it's chilly outside, but I'm getting ready to head out the door for a jog. Some days it's harder than others. Today is one of those days. But I'm doin' it!

Hugs,
Betty

Kaye Butler said...

Check us out at Butler Diaries, we moved all weekend!

Blissful Babe said...

I am back in town and ready to really get moving! I had no problem moving for 30 minutes/day over the weekend, but now I can do what *I* want to do in my so-called 'movement'.

I'm starting with my garage...

Please pray for me. If I'm not out in a week, send help.

xoxo

Laurie Ann said...

You are a hoot! LOL. You crack me up, seriously, and oh how I needed the laugh this morning!

Chatty Kelly said...

When are you posting the Mr Linky for us to link to at the end? April 10? April 11?

I tried that hula hooping thing once. I bought a 10 lb hula hoop, especially for exercising. I did 10 minutes the first day, then read the instructions that said DO NOT DO OVER 3 MINUTES THE FIRST DAY. Let's just say the 2nd day I had bruises (really), and could barely move. So read the instructions, and don't be an over-achiever like me. :-)

Paula (SweetPea) said...

You are a hoot, an absolute hoot. From where does all this humor come. Witty, I tell ya.

Daring to share with us your bedhead. Not in your wildest dreams shall I ever share my bedhead.

Greg C said...

Does blogging count? If so, put me down for about two hours a day. Also put me down for about 8 hours of hiding from my boss.

Beverlydru said...

I have persevered through the bad weather and now it's pretty again. I was wogging between bouts of a terrible storm the other day when a neighbor stopped and tried to drive me home. She was convinced I was going to die from the storm. The funny thing is she was on the way to the airport to catch a plane. And she thought I was in danger. Ironic. Oh,. byt the way - I told her I couldn't stop exercising because Linda would see and I would be in trouble. ; ) Your reputation and renown are growing.

Jenny said...

LOL, This is not the space shuttle launch. I thought we were creating a movement;) I was inspired by the blogger who was hoola hooping too, I just need to find a hoola hoop.

Heth said...

I'm pretty sure, after seeing that bedhead picture, that you are Courtney Love's long lost twin. Grunge rocker. It's a hot look.

skoots1mom said...

another one down...
elliptical/15 mins
bike/5 miles/25 mins
free weights/upper body
:)
"we watched MStewart while working out today...as she was making PASTA!...geez, did it have to be pasta?!"
afterwards, we drank our exciting glasses of WATER!

Brenda Susan said...

I love Dave Barry, he is so funny! I wish I had a tredmill or stationary bike. My hubby offered to remove the wheels from my rusty old bike in the yard. So thoughtful! Thanx for the motivation here though.

M & M said...

Can I include Track Practice??

I posted about my Track Practice!!

Thanks for the coments!!:)

Dita said...

Oh, this was VERY funny!..........I just got it in and its 9:30pm....I'll be damned if I'm the weakest link!

4 out of 5 days so far........

keep puffin' ladies!

The Write Girl said...

Hey 2nd Cup,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for checking out my site.
I had fun checking out your blog.
Sorry if it's off topic from the post : )

elizabeth said...

You win bravest blogger award with that picture! My bedhead photos will stay safely locked away and will never grace the pages of my blog.

So far so good on 30x5. Still doing the Body Sculpting show on FitTV at 5:30 in the morning and then tonight while watching tv I went ahead and rode the recumbant bike. I feel very virtuous, oh yes I do! :)

Shawna said...

Hey, kids. I think you missed the point of the post. We're supposed to ask Linda questions. Any questions. All questions. She is obliged to answer them because she invited them. Don't be shy. Let's try to make her blush. :P

Linda, dearest. How many sex minutes have you logged during the 30x5 challenge so far? Those are some GOOD movement exercises! Talk about getting your heart rate up...