Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's "Chili Day!" and Other Stuff


So today is the big Chili Cook-off that I've been preparing for all week, or what seems like from the mid 1990s until today.

I've made five different white chilis to find the perfect one, but the recipe I've finally chosen is actually an original concoction! Oh, I'm sure there's one out there similar to mine, but, you're LYING, so STOP SAYING THERE'S ANOTHER ONE OUT THERE LIKE IT.

I'm just a little proud that I made up a recipe, that's all.

I can't reveal the recipe yet (I will tomorrow) because someone might read it and steal it before the judging, and then there go my plans to build an international chili company and finally be able to afford a haircut from Nick Arrojo. Here you see Nick touching someone's hair which should be me.

If I had my own chili brand, I would definitely call it:

Because: chili for Jesus AND Indiana!

Someone asked me, "Hey, it's Spring. Isn't it a little weird to be having a chili cook-off in Spring?" I think it is, but we Hoosiers only recently jumped on the whole "Daylight Savings Time" debacle bandwagon, and since we just had to adjust our clocks AGAIN, some of us are confused and think it's Fall we're heading into. That's the only explanation I can come up with, and I'm pretty much right 100%.

So wish me luck! I'll take lots of photos. And sign lots of autographs. And get my own brand of chili. And get my own Food Network Show. And get a GREAT haircut.

Who knew chili would be my answer to everything??

PS: On the off-chance I don't win, I'll be in bed until the next time to set our clocks back an hour.

18 comments:

Amy said...

and here all along I thought that caffeine was the answer to all problems?? Since I lament daily my doctor's orders to forgo caffeine, (see my blog yesterday) I see now that I must turn to chili...not a bad alternative, can't wait for your receipe. I wonder if you could hire Stacy and Clinton along with Nick, without the humilation of the 360 mirror. Because my closet and hair could use an overhaul too.

Amy
www.allthingsaro.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Good luck! So whats the title of your chili anyway? Can't wait for the pics.

Mocha with Linda said...

Hoosier Savior? That's hilarious. Is that the official title?

Good luck to you. Remember your little bloggy readers when you become rich and famous. Especially the ones that look like famous ABC newsmen.

My ADHD Me said...

CHILI- The catch-all answer to all your questions and dreams...who knew?

Good Luck

P.S. Hope you didn't "steal" my recipe! lol.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I will, Ted, and if it all works out, I might name a line after you: "Mocha Chili with a Lid."

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

"Hoosier Savior?" I LOVE IT!! lol That is hilarious and meaningful all in one glorious name! I think you need to jar up some of that there chili you made, print me a label, and ship it down here to the south...I wanna check it out!!

I can't believe you made 5 different white chilis, either. Did you and Jorge eat all of it? Wow.

Hope you win!

sara said...

Hoosier Savior! That is why I love you Linda!

good luck!

Jenny said...

Good luck and I love your Chili Brand name.. That stuff will be flying off the shelves:)

Chatty Kelly said...

Love the name! Good luck!

Greg C said...

I am assuming that you didn't get my chili recipe otherwise you would be using it, wait, you probibly tried it and realized that it was too good to let other people have it so you made it for yourself and you are keeping it locked away in a secret refrigerator and savoring it. That's it. That's got to be it. I forgive you.

skoots1mom said...

love the name...
can't wait to see the crown they put on your head when you win!
Have fun and don't let your hand cramp while your signing autographs!
Are you gonna put Zoe on the chili jar label? I think she'd be adorable with a miniature sombrero on her itty bitty little head ;)

Ang baylis said...

Hoosier Savior Chili... sounds great! I hope right this minute you are winning... I'll pray for you!
Love,
Angie

p.s. Even if you don't win, I want that recipe!

Smelling Coffee said...

Blessings to you and your chili today... can't wait to see your recipe. :-)

Mel said...

What a great name for a Chili!!! And daylight savings time should be banned in all 50 states, it is hideous.

I hope you win and i can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Linda said...

That name is priceless! I hope you win!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Can't wait to hear about the results! We have a daylight savings time song. Can't sing it here, cause Al Gore hasn't invented that part of the Internet yet.

Dena said...

Well I hope you hurry and get that haircut from Nick soon, because someday I am going to win the lottery and he will become my personal stylist and will only touch my hair from then on. Ok, so I have to actually start playing the lottery in order to have a chance to win, but that's just a minor detail in the grand scheme of things.

PJ said...

Since my broken finger, I haven't been online much. I'm getting caught up!! (My typing has deteriorated significantly!) I never get the hang of daylight savings time! (My farmer dad always said, if you want to save daylight, get up an hour earlier!!! Makes sense to me). I'm forever putting on a watch that has the wrong time -- I have watches that match my eyeglasses! and my outfits!! So I have dozens. By the time all of them are DLS time, it's time to change again!!! Sigh!