Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Hate Musicals, But If I Were Going to Be in One ...




I can't get enough of the first two guys sliding across the floor. And the older gentleman with the sweatband. And the Conan look-alike.

I think this video was produced to promote the new A&E show Hammertime, which premiered Sunday night. So we have yet another celebrity family to watch, if we so choose.

Well, here's hoping Mrs. Hammer doesn't berate MC in front of the cameras week after week a la Jon & Kate.
Here's hoping they don't have a scandalous divorce like the Hogans.
Here's hoping they're the polar opposite of the Kardashians and Osbournes. However, I think it might be healthier to turn out like the Osbournes rather than the Kardashians.
Or perhaps they will turn out be like the Duggars, only cooler, and the Hammer girls will sew gold lame pants for their menfolk.

By the way--speaking of pants--do you think parachute pants could ever make a come-back?

No?

Did you know there's a site devoted to them? Oh yes there is: Parachutepants.com.

If bell-bottoms (aka "flares") and skinny jeans (aka "peg legs") made a comeback, I think it's safe to say so could parachutes! At least they'd hide saddlebags.

18 comments:

H-Mama said...

hmmm... what do stacy & clinton have to say about these pants? really. ;)

Lilly said...

I dont get to see any of these shows. I cant believe this whole Jon and Kate thing - its everywhere I look on the web. Am I missing anything? Reality TV - seems we cannot get enough of it. I wonder what that says about us as a society. And I think I might give the pants a miss although they do hide a multitude of sins though.

Becky said...

I can remember boys wearing those pants in Junior high... sad, sad times. lol ;-)

Ballerina Girl said...

You know, I feel like I saw this post title last year...hahaha!
Parachute pants? PLEASE NO!! They are so ugly, in my humble opinion :)

As for all those reality tv families you talk about, thank goodness I do not see them here! Maybe they are on some channel, but I just can't stand watching any of it!

BG

Stacy said...

Ok...so, I actually watched a part of Hammertime and it was oddly...normal. I can't help it...I have an addiction to TLC.

Chatty Kelly said...

LOVED IT!!! Oh, how I loved MC Hammer. And I can't tell you the number of times I rocked out the dance floor to that song...although after the "STOP - HAMMER TIME" the music traditionally does start back up for dancing.

I never had those pants tho. I was more like the girl in the video with the black tights and black mini. Oh yes I was. :-)

Mocha with Linda said...

Um. No thanks! On the parachute pants and this type of musical. LOL

sara said...

never say never!!! there are worse things that have come back....leggings for one!!

Carmen said...

I love these videos where people break out in dance in the middle of a store or mall. It's quirky...and I like quirky. However, parachute pants? Let's save the material for actual parachutes. Blech...

Dawn said...

If the pants come back, I'm going to have to insist upon my big 80's hair, too. It would simply complete the look, you know?

Paula (SweetPea) said...

How funny. Sweatband guy too funny.

How odd to be in a store and this really happen. Freakish.

skoots1mom said...

saw Hammer last week on R&K...he's a preacher now...they even danced with the pants on (except it wasn't R...it was Will Farrell)
Like the beat
hate the pants

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Yeah, they're gonna come back despite our wishes that they wouldn't. I saw some parachute-esque pants recently. They're like capris that tie at the bottom, allowing them to balloon at the top. No thanks! I've got enough balloons on my own. I don't need pants to help me with that.

Heather of the EO said...

Oh how I love you.

And MC Hammer...

but don't tell anyone.

Dena said...

Not only was I the #1 MC Hammer fan, but I wore a shiny gold tank top (along with 3 of my BFFs) to his concert and we screamed so much that none of us had voices the next day. Aaahhh...the good ol' days.

My ADHD Me said...

I would love doing that!

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

How come no one clapped at the end of that truly stellar performance??

Joanna said...

Bwahaha! That was funny. I think I've hit replay like 5 times.

Don't even get me started on the Jon and Kate thing. That woman is freaky.