I hope you thought of a favorite flavorful recipe to share with us today for the kick off of this 5 week meme which will actually be on Mondays from now on.
Here is my submission.
[Suddenly, mental train switches tracks:]
Wait a minute.
Is this rich enough to qualify for this meme, Lid?
Why, yes; yes I believe it is. It has one million calories; will that work?
Yes! This thing is richer than Jed Clampett!
Baked Potato Soup
9 baking potatoes
2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
6 cups whole milk
1/2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1/2 c. bacon bits, divided
4 green onions, chopped
10 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8oz) container sour cream
1. Prick potatoes with a fork and microwave 3 or 4 at a time, scooping out the flesh while the others are cooking.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about one minute.
3. Whisk in milk a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 c. bacon bits, 2 T green onions and most of the cheese.
5. Cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
6. Stir in sour cream and heat through.
7. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese. Makes about 3 qts.
8. After eating, do not get on scale for at least one week to avoid emotional trauma.
OK, link up with a recipe, and I will select a person to win the coffee apron I've been plugging for three posts now:
Preview of Random Dozen Week #8
Do not answer these today; this is just a preview so that you can get your thoughts together, write your post and link up tomorrow. I give you extra time because allegedly, some of these questions are "so haaaaard" like they're geometry proofs or fractions or something.
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
8. What's your favorite board game?
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?