Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen #7 & HBD to Jorge the Jabanero

I actually went to the calendar to see exactly what week we're on. It's 7.

Seven weeks of questions which you purport to be challenging. A careful student of the Random Dozen will notice, however, that I intersperse the thought-provoking (or numbing) with the EZ PZ (easy-peasy).

No, you are not allowed to answer only the EZs. OK, who's going to stop you, I know, but I'm just telling you that if you do that, you're breaking the rule. And if you want the world to know you're a rule breaker, well, then, just trample all over my authority. (But why? I have so little authority in life! I'm an office assistant, for crying out loud! Just for once, can't I have a little control over people?? Or a renegade copier?!)


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

9. Have you ever been on TV?

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?



Happy Birthday, Jorge!








i carry your heart with me
by e.e.cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

25 comments:

Quilldancer said...

Happy Birthday, Jorge. I hope you have a truly wonderful and blessed day!

Susanne said...

Awww, happy birthday to your Jorge! Hope he has a wonderful day!

Your questions are tough! I had a hard time with a couple of them.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved your list......Just out blog hopping on this rainy night. Enjoyed reading yours...Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog and leave your favorite Christmas song...and enter a great giveaway.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Betty said...

I enjoyed your questions today. I´m always curious what you´ll come up with. :)
Happy Birthday to Jorge!!

Dena said...

I actually got mine posted earlier this week. ha.

Happy birthday Jorge. I hope you have an awesome day!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Happy Birthday to your dear husband!!!

Mrs. E said...

Happy Birthday to the hubby! Where did I first hear that poem? "In Her Shoes." And I call myself an English teacher. e.e. cummings is the man!

Joyce said...

I posted my answers and linked in.

Happy Birthday to your husband today!

Jenny wren's nest said...

I'm in.
Happy 'B' Day to Hubby.
Jenny

SusanD said...

I'm hoping to get my responses posted soon. I haven't had much "free" computer time.

Happy Birthday Jorge! Hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of day.

Blessings, SusanD

Melli said...

Awwww... Happy Birthday Jorge! Hope you two spend it well - together!

I love e.e. cummings - but I had never heard that poem before - and I immediately love it!

The Bug said...

I'm linked! Yes, some of them were tough, but I winged it so as to not be a rule-breaker.

Happy Birthday Jorge! It might just be the hair fashions, but I think you guys are cuter now than you were then. And you were pretty dern cute!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Linda...that is my most very favorite poem. When I did my recital to get my vocal performance degree I sang a song set to that poem. Gets me every
time.

Anyway my answers to this random dozen really shows a lot about me...not all good..ha!!

Thanks
Amy

Abiding Branch said...

Hi there!! Love the JM quote on the blog!!! I loved it. I think she did too 'cuz she said it more than once. :-)
Linked up! :-)
Have a wonderful day.
OOOOOOO, I am thinking of pulling out your Fall Flavor to re-post Pumpkin Dip - tis the season!!
Chel

RamblingMother said...

Happy Birthday Jorge.

My dozen answers are up.

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Can't wait for the answers.

Love the EZ PZ.

happy birth-in-day to Jorg-E PorgE

barbarah said...

Happy birthday to Jorge!

mommablogsalot said...

Happy Birthday to Jorge- I loooove that poem, it's one of my favorites. :O)

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy Birthday Jorge!

e e cummings drives me nuts 'cause he doesn't use upper case. I'm sure that so surprises you about me!!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I'm up!!!!! (and back from vacation) Great questions this week, the last one was the hardest to answer!!!!

Blessings
Robin

Lauren said...

another fun dozen!

1. cursive - it's faster and easier
2. a little of both - I have hopes and dreams, but also consider reality.
3. Elton John
4. I don't watch scary movies -- I hate them! Speed and Saving Private Ryan were the most horrifying to me. After getting so distressed in SPR that I vomitted ... yes, then I decided not to watch upsetting movies.
5. don't want to discuss...
6. suprise or surprise ... which is it?? I never know!!
7. SING!!
8. oh definitely ALONE TIME!! :)
9. Not that I know of
11. 2
12. That it's not about me...

Kim said...

I'm really enjoying the Random Dozen meme! Am working my way through the participants and getting lots of good laughs along the way :-)

Feliz cumpleaƱos to Jorge the Jabanero! (I felt your name for him deserved the Spanish greeting)

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hope he has a wonderful day ;-)

My answers are posted at my sight. Thanks for another fun week of reflection and fun!

Hugs

Sarah said...

Ooh, I love e.e. cummings...and I love that his "signature" is no caps...and I love that you "no capped" the poem. :) And I love the pics... :) hmmm, I love. Enjoyed this weeks Dozen!

Abiding Branch said...

I did it! I posted the Fall Into Flavor. I looked for your labels to direct others to previous recipes but did not see them.
Have a good one!
Chel