1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
I confess that I have run it before. If I feel very vulnerable and scared at 2:00AM, I might do it. Otherwise, I am a rule-follower.
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
Hmmm. Eat less, move more.
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
This was a set-up question for my own research. I never quite know how to handle responding. How do I know how the commenter will most likely see my reply? If it's more of a sensitive issue than the usual, I like to reply via email, but not everyone has her address on her profile.
On FB, I comment right under their comments because I know they will receive a notice saying that I have added a comment. Leave it to humans who have a less than stellar record of communicating face to face to come up with a way to make communication even more fuzzy!
4. Your favorite Disney movie is:
Robin Hood. Ooo de lolly, ooo de lolly, golly what a day.
5. Do you recycle?
I'm trying. I got some bags and everything. (fail)
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
Strategic word games. Not Chess or Checkers or Stratego--they're spin-offs of math/logic. WORDS. They're the language I speak.
7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Yes. Several times a year I dream that I'm with a group of people, usually family, and someone has died, but no one but me seems to comprehend the gravity of the situation. I keep asking people to call 911 or the mortuary, but they just seem to want to sit around leisurely drinking Mint Juleps and fanning themselves. I end up raising my voice, and still they just look at me like, "What's the big deal? We'll get around to it." There have been times when I've had to load the body up in my car and deliver it, and let me tell you, I was not a happy camper.
8. What did you learn from your first real job?
Which parts of a chicken are which
That people really do eat livers and gizzards
That restaurants are not clean
That girls who act like friends can be mean
That not everyone treats you like Grandma and Grandpa do
That paychecks are small, very small
As you can see, I have been able to apply many of these lessons to Life, most especially at a picnic when doling out the exact pieces of chicken that people are requesting. I'm the only one who does this with 100% confidence and the intrepidness of an army General. I control the bucket of chicken because I earned that right when I was 16.
9. Do you buy or borrow most books?
Well, I borrow most, but this is a sore subject. I have a love/hate relationship with my library that I'm going to post about someday. Let's just say that right now, my face is probably on the "most wanted" poster behind the Reference Librarian's desk. I may be a library criminal, but it's in the vein of the more noble criminals like Robin Hood or Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde. I'll spill it--sing like a canary--someday, Mac, when I get the chance. (I watched a Bogart movie this weekend.)
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?
Flares. I almost got sick to my stomach when they first started to come back in, but when they were no longer trendy for the 2nd time, THEN I jumped on the bandwagon.
As an aside, when I went shopping yesterday, I noticed huge cowl necks are back (70s) and shirts with a metallic thread running through them. In my high school sophomore pic, I have on a cowl neck with a fabric scarf tied in knots at the ends wrapped around my neck. Deja vu.
11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
Why did I bring this up? *Palm-Face* I would say I usually start around November 1, but it's a slow start. The older the kids get, the less fun it is, too. It's not as fun to buy an Ipod as a battery-operated dog that does back flips.
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?
1. The first time I made the cheerleading squad.
2. When Jorge and I knew that he was offered a "real" job after graduation, which meant we could forge ahead with wedding plans.
3. When I won the local bridal sweepstakes contest that year.
4. When Jorge bought me a Camaro.
5. When Clinton Kelly emailed me.
6. When I met a goal weight.
7. When my son's high school soccer team won the sectional.