Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Let's Talk Toilets & Preview This Week's Random Dozen

I don't have much confidence in home decorating. You all know that when I choose a wallpaper or paint or buy a lamp or a rooster statue, you usually read me asking in a whiny voice, "Does this look OK ...? Which one would you choose?"

But now I never have to worry again about how to decorate the most troublesome spot in my home: the toilet.

What? You too?

Yes, how many times have you stood in the threshold of your bathroom, cocked your head and said, "Something's missing ... something's just not right ... OH, I know what it is! I need a toilet poster!

Well now we can breathe a collective sigh of relief, no pun intended. The Wow Toilet has just the flair for you and me.

The ad says, "Does your toilet look this boring?" and there it is--a big ol' white boring toilet just like mine. How did they know??

Check out the Wow Toilet and tell me which design you like best.

I think my toilet would totally rock the salamander on bamboo selection.

In other toilet news, what is up with these wimpy water-saving toilets that won't flush anything bigger than a garbanzo?? It's like they made all the new toilets for rabbit dens.

I was at Lowe's recently looking for a kitchen faucet, but I glimpsed some power flushers that had a crazy name like, "Big John," and I thought, "That's exactly what we need." Seriously. We have one clog a day, at least. But les power toilettes, ils sont tres expensive.

Guess I'll have to add old fashioned power flushers to the nostalgic list of things I miss from childhood, along with Jiffy Pop and transistor radios.

I did see one ad for a garbage disposal for the toilet.

Mental image = Ew.



And now here's your preview for the post you will link to here tomorrow:

1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
4. Your favorite Disney movie is:
5. Do you recycle?
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
8. What did you learn from your first real job?
9. Do you buy or borrow most books?
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?
11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?

Come back to tomorrow to link your answers!

19 comments:

Quilldancer said...

Okay, then. Not in my bathroom please. I'll stick with boring. I don't need my toilet to entertain me. And that disposal for the john -- double ew!

SusanD said...

Toilet Poster??!!??!?!! ahahahaha I think the poster should be in front of you.....not behind you. :) Blessings, SusanD

Mocha with Linda said...

The thing that made me laugh was the title "Let's talk toilets" followed by the first sentence about home decorating. My first thought was "only Lid!"

I'll pass. (Pun intended!) And I'm sure the one with the beer bottles is just what folks need when they're spending quality time with said fixture after a wild night.

I am so with you on the wimpy flushes. Makes me crazy. But a disposal? Ick.

But the most bizarre "throne" I've ever seen a pic of was this. As if!

KD said...

OK, I had to go to the site and see for myself. As my gramma used to say, "Some folks got more money than common sense." All my bathroom needs is a FUNCTIONAL toilet and a Reader's Digest! :D

Susanne said...

Hey did you see the black one with white flowers, Lid? Now that would go with your decor, wouldn't it? Personally the shark cracked me up. Talk about giving a potty training child nightmares.

Who thinks of this stuff? And how on earth do you find it? LOL.

melandria said...

i do love my toilet. i find relief in there. You can view my answer here, thanks

http://melandriaromero.blogspot.com/2009/11/random-dozen-1.html

Linda said...

That makes me think of a friends husband. When he was single, they had a Saint Paulie Girl on their refrigerator. I think the toilet poster would probably appeal to all of those desperate decorating challenged bachelors out there! ha.

Love your questions for tomorrow. I'm thinking, I'm thinking. hmmmm.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Well. I was totally fine with my plain white toilet until you introduced me to the toilet poster. Now I'm all discontented. Thanks alot ;)

Debbie said...

Great! Now I have toilet envy. My brain is going a mile a minute thinking about all the pictures I could put in there. One more thing to clutter up the already cluttered gray matter.

Dawn said...

I actually clicked the link to see if it was truly a serious product. So... huh.

I love to decorate seasonally which just took me down a whole new decorating challenge. Find ONE that matches with my year 'round decor... OR buy a slew of them to change out as I add the various seasonal items to that room. Wow. Decisons, decisions...

Sue said...

If I were in the market for a toilet poster (which I'm not), I would have to pick one of the "water" ones... like Hawaii surfer, aquarium, shark... keeping the theme of the tank of course ;-)

Where do they come up with these ideas?

Betty said...

Yeah, or not! :) I like understated in the bathroom!
My random dozen is ready to go for tomorrow! :)
I liked your questions!

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

Okay, well, if I had to pick I guess I'd pick the Hawaii poster. Seriously though - if I were going to "go crazy" on a toilet I think I'd get the one I saw at the trade show that was an actual fish tank.

Disposal - mega ew!

Melli said...

Oh this is a LOVELY idea! And then when the hard water in your house leaves those FABULOUS hard water deposits all over the inside of your transparent tank ... well, that will probably just add character! Trashy chic! No? LOL! I would just have to go with either the shark or the wave - because my bathroom is beachy and lighthouses and those are the ONLY two possibilities.

Rebekah Doak said...

I just couldn't decide between all the fabulous toilet designs. My four year old, however, was immediately smitten with the SpongeBob version. "Mommy, why doesn't our potty look like THAT"?? I go to the bathroom and lock the door for some peace and quiet. All I need is to have SpongeBob watching me do my business. I can almost hear him, "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready"!

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh, I want one! LOL
I always wondered why toilets varied so little; why we all need almost the exact same thing in bathroom furniture. Surely tubs and potties could be more daring and exciting than they are?

H-Mama said...

you lost me at garbage disposal. ;)

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh! This got me cracking up laughing. And believe me, I needed a good laugh. So thanks for that weird mental image - I think.

Rachel @ Future Pastor's Wife said...

I pick Spongebob, because I ALWAYS want to be thinking about a sponge soaking up whatever was just put in the bowl.

YUCK on the disposal!!!