Sunday, November 07, 2010

Birfdays. Some Are Special.

Here she is, the baby of the family. Born November 7, 1992. It was snowing that day. That's one of my clearest memories. I remember lying there waiting, head on my pillow turned to the left, watching the beautiful snow fall so silently, changing the world. It made me feel cocooned and excited, anticipating the little one who would come into our world that day and change our lives forever.

She is the light of my life.

And every mom knows, they cannot possibly know or understand how much we love them, at least until they hold their own little one who will transform their lives and hearts forever. I hope I'm around to see that miracle.

Love you, Kristin Brynn. Happy 18th.

PS: In that top left picture where she is smiling? She is 3 weeks old and pottying her pants at that very moment. I had to completely change her clothes before leaving the studio.

13 comments:

Maribeth said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

Mary said...

Happy B-day to your beautiful daughter! So funny that we can look at a picture and remember what was happening at that very moment!

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Kristin! She's lovely.

Susanne said...

Happy Birthday to Kristen! You've turned into a beautiful young lady!

Mom2fur said...

Happy Birthday to Kristin! What a beautiful girl. My own beautiful daughter, Katherine, will turn 26 on November 9th. In fact, 3 of my kids have fall birthdays--Michael was 28 on Oct. 11, and James turned 24 on the first of November. Their brother, Nick, was 20 on June 12th. Hard to believe my four cute babies are all adults now! Time goes by so fast, but aren't 'big' kids fun?
I'm sure you will be around to see your grandchildren! I'm aching for mine. Katherine is engaged and will marry the nicest guy (Erick) in 2012. I can't wait until the grandkids come and I get to have the 'baby' fun all over again.
BTW, I hopped over here from "One Single Minute" via "Brambleberry Cottage"!

Sue said...

What a gorgeous young lady and I'm sure she'll love the memory of her "pottying her pants" memorialized for the WWW to see/read - hee hee.

Happy Birthday to your beautiful "baby" girl!

Hugs

Jewel said...

Happy Birthday to Kristin and you have a beautiful, beautiful girl there, Linda!!
You'd never know she was doin' the do in that picture! :-)

Carol said...

She was laughing because she knew she was making a mess for you to clean up! She was a pretty little baby and has grown into a lovely 18 year old. Good goin' Mom!

Paula said...

So precious!!! My Son is 19 and I wonder where the years went. Such sweet, sweet blessings.

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Your daughter is very pretty...
I like your new hair cut too.
If it isn't knew excuse me... I haven't been around much the last two months.

auburnchick said...

Awww...love the pictures. How funny about that smile! I appreciate the insider's tip on how you got that one out of her. heehee

My 18yo college daughter came home and surprised me this weekend, so I'm feeling especially maternal right now.

Go hug your baby one more time...just for me and just because you can.

Hugs to you, Linda!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter and I bet she just loves you sharing that last story! haha

Shawna said...

Are you kidding me? Wasn't 1992 like two years ago??? What HAPPENED?