Monday, November 08, 2010

A Birthday Picnik

A very good time was had by all, especially the brother, who is at once a little brother and a big brother, so there is much opportunity to torment and tease.



So now I have three legally adult children. Unbelievable. Where has the time gone?

On another note, I have fallen in love with Picnik, the free (or upgraded for a small fee) software that lets you do marvelous things to pics. Case in point, look at my purty 24 year-old daughter in these pics, black and white, sepia and color. You can remove shine, remove blemishes, soften the whole pic or part of the pic, give it a frame or make a collage. I'm having a ball playing with this software. Do you use any digital photo software or publish your own family albums?

13 comments:

BARBIE said...

LOVE Picnik. It's all I use to edit my photos. It's so simple! Your daughter is gorgeous!

Mary said...

I haven't upgraded yet, but am thinking about it! The only thing I don't like is that you can't scroll from 1 picture to another while you're in the edit mode; you have to go back to picasa then edit in picnik. Maybe there is a way and I'm just not savvy to it?

Mocha with Linda said...

I was just wondering what you use to do the collage. I'll have to check it out.

Love the pictures! And you are way too young to have adult children.

Susanne said...

We have the same sibling situation as you, and yes lots of teasing and provoking goes on when the three are together. Looks like a great party.

I loooove picnik! I've upgraded and worth it for the nominal fee they charge.

Pamela said...

Beautiful daughter. We use Picnik, too. My daughter has made some amazing things with it. I'm enjoying you blog!

Caroline said...

I love picnik, and then I found paint.net, which is even better, and even free-er. :D

It's a little more complicated than picnik, but I still really like it.

-Caroline
http://www.pastaandwaffles.blogspot.com

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love the pictures...they were awesome. I had never heard of piknik...but am on my way to check it out.

Carol said...

What a lovely family you have!

I use Photoshop Elements. Played with Picasa many years ago, but then went to Elements and started Digital Scrapbooking. I have been printing my own annual albums and other photobooks, but then I found Blurb, so now I use that.

Cathy said...

Beautiful! I need to go check Picnik out.

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

The software looks pretty cool but it helps that you have such beautiful kids to photograph!

"Sunshine" said...

Love your blog and have a question about Picnik. I tried to download it, but they want to charge me for uploading anything over 5 pictures...Is your version totally free?

Kaye Butler said...

I use Corel PaintShop Pro. I do photography as an extra income, although, the last 3 haven't paid, so is it extra income...

Nope.

Photo editing is addictive.

Seedplanter Designs said...

I've used Picnic for mosaics, as I see you've done. I love how it softens the pics of your daughter. She's beautiful, by the way. Yes, doesn't time fly?