Thursday, June 07, 2012

Trendy Nana

Thanks, Friends, for your welcome back and encouragement here. Navigating around the new editing system is a little frustrating because change is just difficult for me--change in job throws me, change in blog editing throws me, change in supermarket shelf arrangement REALLY honks me off. That last one is as shocking to me as someone rearranging my underwear drawer.

But I digress, already, in only my 3rd post back.

I'd like to get back to blogging about the really significant things in life, such as "Trendy Tops."

What? You say you aren't aware of the awesomeness of Trendy Tops? What's the matter with you. You act as if you didn't just lose your job and now spend all your time on FB, watching TV and cleaning spit up on aisle 2 aisle shoulder, side and thigh. (We have prolific spitters.)

Well, for you who are still living in total trendy oblivion, here is the commercial. You might want to speed ahead to around 1:00 so that you can see the most powerful punch in a sales presentation to grown women ever.



So my lovely blogging friend Lelia Chely wrote a status update about this product, and all of her friends and I had a good laugh at the silliness of it.

And then I promptly went on line and ordered them.

Let me just say that by the time I completed the order, it totaled about $35, and that was just a couple of days before I knew I would not have a big chunk of income I'm used to. So when I realized my job was vanishing, one of my first thoughts was, "Oh NO. I already ordered the Trendy Tops!"

Well, the TTs finally arrived.

I really like them. They're like a tube top for your butt. Tube bottoms? No, I think the marketers chose the better name.

How could I resist buying?  I'm trendy, and I do wear tops, even though I'm an unofficial Nana. Anyway, even Nanas have a little "oopsy" once in a while around the middle and backside, IF youknowhatImean.

So call me Trendy Nana. And here's the proof. No muffin, no buns. Just sheer middle aged trendy gymnastical modesty. I know you'll want to have your credit cards ready after this:




(Outtakes)












13 comments:

Kelly Combs said...

I was all set to order mine ($10!!!!) until I saw it ended up being $35 at the end. I love the idea. And when I'm doing my, you know,gymnastic routine through the kitchen I don't want my muffin top popping out.

Ah, Lid, I have missed thy blog greatly. Welcome back!

Softie said...

LOL, You are brave very brave. :)

Susanne said...

Seen that commercial and seriously considered getting them considering it do those cartwheels on a daily basis especially in public. But yikes $35. I think I'll wait till it comes to "Seen on TV" display at the Wallymart. And I think you deserve some kind of medal for standing on your head to demonstrate this for us.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

:)

lailani said...

No muffin top...yes!

Paula (SweetPea) said...

I love the pic of your head down and your bottom facing us...now that is really promoting the effectiveness...look how that trendy top really does stay down. :-)

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - yeah, when they said "pay shipping and handling for the second pair", I knew that was where the "cha ching" came in! I could post a pic of me upside down too. Except everything else in the room would be upside down because the entire pic would be rotated 180 degrees!

And my other thought was "what a pain to go to the bathroom when you're wearing it!"

LynnMarie said...

So glad you are back! You have been missed. I just cant bring myself to getting these, How about getting a mens undershirt (the muscle kind) and cutting off the shoulders? Maybe same effect?

Kim said...

I'm missing out on all kinds of new product purchase possibilities by living overseas. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you :)

The Bug said...

Sadly, my pear shape doesn't lend itself to being trendy - I think it would just roll up under my shirt. But maybe not. I do have trouble with "exposure" because the waist of my pants is always too big. Hmmm...

Cindy Swanson said...

You are a delight! I am sooooo glad to see you blogging again!

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

Ginger Wade said...

Ahem. So glad you took the plunge before I did... ha!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Quite frankly, I was relieved to see that you "promptly ordered" them, because I was thinking through the whole commercial, "Wow! They were laughing at this, but I like this idea!" But $35? Mmmmmm.....I would if I wasn't a no-paid, stay-at-home, facebook-dweller like yourself. :-) Great pics...so glad you included the outtakes!