Monday, August 20, 2012

Hair

I got highlights today for the first time ever. I've only had all-over color before. It was an experiment. An expensive experiment. What you see here is my blonde with low lights of 7CG, or something like that. "Reddish,"  in English. I know that even with color-care shampoo, this will not last. Red has the least staying power. But I have always loved red hair and always will. If I were doing this again, I would add a 3rd color called "The Color My Roots Are" in order to give it some depth. I also had them take 2" off. So that will be grown out by 2015, roughly. I exaggerate a little bit. I can get 3" in about a year. Seriously.



Same day, same hair, different room & lighting.  My mother will not like this. Will not like red, will not like the flatness of this. I will have to face the music at some point. Note that I am nearly 50 years old and worried that my mother will not approve. Oh well. I just needed a change. A pick me up. Girlfriends will understand. What do you do when you need a girly pick me up?



8 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the hair. I color red all the time and within a week it fades enough to not be bright and within three weeks I can hardly see the red. Although I think I just get used to it and it probably still has a lot of red.

Mocha with Linda said...

I love it!

And I hear you about the mom-approval. Believe it or not, they even speak from the grave! LOL

LynnMarie said...

Love the red! Love the look! I'm almost 60, my mother has been gone for 18 years and I still hear her voice in my head and she still disapproves of things. Moms voice last a long time?

skoots1mom said...

praying she'll surprise you and LOVE it...
i like it...it makes your 'eyes' pop!
i like getting a new cut or a pedi when i need a pic-me-up...or a really good thrift find ;)

auburnchick said...

Love the hair! Pedicures with friends are my pick-me-up!

Pamela said...

Love the red. The last two times my hairdresser was covering the grey, whatever she used put some red in mine. It is true, it doesn't last long. This time she put more ash in it. I am going to have to come up with a new style. The grey just comes back too quickly where I part my hair.

I just had a funny thought...(and I don't mean this disrespectfully) but can't you just see if my mom were still living...they would be on the phone talking about what their daughters do to their hair!

Kim said...

I like it!
I love red too, and colored my hair a reddish brown for a number of years.
Then I started going with highlights, which need touching up less often. My gray also blended in really well, with no one the wiser :)
But then I decided, just for the heck of it, to go au natural for a while and see what happened. Well, it turns out I have enough gray "highlights" that it looks like I've had it done professionally when I haven't. Win/win!
Of course we know this won't last either. But I'll take it as long as I can!

Sheila said...

I love it!!!! You look amazing.