Saturday, August 30, 2008

4 Things

Two new friends, Becky at Adult Deprived and Tabi at Tabi Rambles On ... tagged me last week.

4 Things I like about my husband...

He supports and encourages me in whatever I happen to be involved in at the time, whether it's writing or dieting or learning not to burn food. He really enjoys encouraging me not to burn food. In fact, he enjoys it so much, it's like a hobby.

He is a great dad who takes his youngest every single weekend to Starbucks for a Saturday or Sunday morning father-daughter time. She really looks forward to this weekly outing. Sometimes they ride their bikes. I asked her why she wants to go every single weekend, and she couldn't put her finger on it. They just get drinks and play checkers. But I think I know what it is. It's having that special time with her Dad.

He pursues a relationship with Christ.

He still makes me laugh after all these years (23).

4 Movies I have watched more than once...

Waiting for Guffman
Napoleon Dynamite
A Mighty Wind
Another great "wind" movie, almost in the same league as A Mighty Wind: Gone With the Wind
Many classic movies from the 40s, like Arsenic and Old Lace, Mildred Pierce, Dark Victory, etc.


4 TV shows I watch...

Psych
LOST, which deserves all caps
American Idol
The Office
Monk


4 Places I have been...

Kazakhstan
California
Florida
Hershey, Pennsylvania. (Psssst: They have chocolate there. ;)

4 People who email me regularly...

Madelyn, who doesn't have a blog but should.
Debbie at Like a Rose.
My 86 year-old father who forwards everything he ever gets to me.
Jorge the husband, who often just emails to say hi while we're both at work.

4 Favorite foods...

Leslie's GUACAMOLE, which also deserves caps. I wish I could stick my head in a vat of this.
No-bake chocolate oatmeal peanut butter cookies, beautifully portrayed at the left.
Mashed potatoes (Last year on my birthday, I made a pot for myself and promptly ate it all by myself. No cake needed.)
Cereal. Any kind.




4 Places I would like to visit...

Maui
New England in autumn
Anna Maria Island, FL
I'm sort of stumped; I like my home best of all.

4 Things I am looking forward to in the coming year (2009)...

I really don't think this far ahead. At the risk of being a bummer, another year simply means my kids will be even older, and so will my parents. This is a hard time in life.

I'm looking forward to seeing what God is going to do through my church for the people of our city and the families within our congregation.

4 Friends I tag...

All four of you who read all the way to the end of this, the most boring post on the planet.

17 comments:

Becky said...

Oh don't flatter yourself... I've read more boring posts than that somewhere on this planet. Have you seen my blog LOL!

You know whats crazy... My Loves name is George and he always calls himself Jorge... and they have the same style goatee. OK, maybe not crazy but at least coincidental.

I liked your answers... and your taste in TV, thanks for playing. Um... since I read to the bottom, do I have to do it again?

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

No bake chocolate oatmeal peanut butter cookies are an all-time favorite STAPLE in our house!

They rank right up there with queso as a necessity, really.
(we're from South Texas). Gotta have queso.

And chocolate oatmeal PB cookies.
Not together though. Because cheese and chocolate should only be eaten together at a fondue place.

I think I need another cup of coffee. :-)

Kim said...

The weekly Dadd/Daughter dates to Starbucks is adorable! Now, I'm craving guacamole & peanut butter choc cookies!!! :) Very fun post!

Smilingsal said...

Oops! That's what I get for reading blogs so early on a Saturday morning! I do like tags, though (am I the only one?) so I will do it sometime in the future.

Tabi said...

Oh, the father daughter thing melts my heart! That is so sweet and awesome. These days dads very rarely do those kinds of things with their daughters! We try to do the same things..make sure each kid gets some alone time with each of us! Have a GREAT weekend!

Kim said...

Not boring at all! It's fun to know you love mashed potatoes so much you ate a whole pan :-) My hubby could do that, too. Mashed potatoes are one of his love languages.

Anonymous said...

LOL out the mashed potatoes, I hear you on that one! So funny,



Erin

April in CT said...

Since moving to New England about a year ago (wow, time flies!) I have to say the fall is something I can't put into words. It's beyond beautiful! The nip in the air and the glorious, vivid colors on the trees and in the sky will make you swoon and take your breath. I am a GA girl by birth and heart, but NE feels like home to me too. My southern drawl doesn't stick out at ALL, y'all! *heavy notes of sarcasm*

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Definitely not a boring post at all. I loved reading all about your favs. I agree that kids and parents getting older is tough. I'm not enjoying that at all. But as long as there are mashed potatoes, we can survive. LOL

Susanne said...

I don't think you can be boring if you tried real hard.

The father/daughter Starbucks date is so sweet! And I can't believe you didn't say you wanted to come to Southern Alberta! ;v)

Ballerina Girl said...

Well, I am not the first four...soooo
I may just do this one anyways...we'll see.
I am in the middle of a girls weekend with my daughter, and my husband is with my son at a wedding out of country, so the Father/Daughter Starbuck's is really touching....
I like your post, and it is NOT boring...Deserves to be in capitals! hahha
Have a great weekend!
BG

Darlene R. said...

You are like, the opposite of boring! This is not a boring post!

And your word of the day made me sing "It's My Prerogative" in my head...

...Or it would have, if I knew of such songs! ;)

Paula (SweetPea) said...

I love Monk and Psych too. I was sad to see they were not on last night...those dog gone tennis games. I was America's Got Talent and I'm addicted. I've never watched American Idol.

I love no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I've never had them with peanut butter.

40winkzzz said...

My 13-y/o would be jealous that you've been to Kazakhstan. My 17-y/o would eat (and has eaten) a whole pan of mashed potatoes. My hubby takes the kids out for breakfast every Saturday and does lots of one-on-one dates, too.

And me? I'd just as soon pick at people. You listed FIVE TV shows, not four. Maybe you should add Sesame Street to your veiwing list. :-)

40winkzzz said...

Heavens, no; I wouldn't let my 13-y/o see Borat. I wouldn't let my 21-y/o see it if I had any say. (I don't know whether he's seen it or not; he doesn't live at home anymore.) Nope, the interest in Kazakhstan is just because, um, my kids are a little weird that way. Like last year when I asked them if they'd like to take Spanish, that same child said, "No, I want to take Cambodian. Can we study Cambodian?" Anyway, his "favorite country" is actually Azerbaijan; I just figured that Kazakhstan was close enough.

PJ said...

Love the way you do everything enthusiastically!!! Except the age thing. I agree with you...that stinks! But...it's better than the alternative!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

LOVE that Jorge does that.
LOVE that you enjoy chocolate and pb together like I do.
LOVE that you have FIVE Four TV Shows you watch.