Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Summer Favorite: Limeshake Slushie

It's low-fat, it's cold, and it's limey. It's more like a slushie than a milkshake because it's not creamy. It's icy.

And I can't get enough.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. of frozen lime-ade right out of can (or less if you'd like a milder lime)
1/2 c. lime sherbet
1/2 c. skim milk
couple of ice cubes

Blend.
Sip.
Love.

I think the total calories is about 185, and the fat is nearly 0%.

If you're like me and also love the coconut, you could add a couple of tablespoons, if you don't mind the extra calories. The combination reminds me of that old song, "Put the Lime in the Coconut," only in reverse.


13 comments:

Leelee said...

Sounds perfect...I make "smoothies" every day at 3:00, and one of my favorites is lime...instead of limeade, I use ready made lime jello and key lime pie yoplait...skim milk and ice...if it weren't so late...I'd go make one now....

Just Breathe said...

Sounds wonderful. Thanks!

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Looks yummy... I have started drinking almond milk. I bet that would be good too.

Mocha with Linda said...

Yummmm.

O Mom said...

YUM! I so wrote this down to try later. Do you mean like shredded coconut out of the bag?
Thanks! :)

Dawn said...

Sounds yummy! I've been making a similar one with pineapple juice and a little splash of the coconut. I think I could drink myself into a diabetic coma with it! Ha!

Debbie said...

Hmmmmmmmmm. I might have to try this.

Kelly Combs said...

I love that song, and the graphic on there - wow - artsy.

My kids bought some limeaid mints the other day, and I thought of you. And they're yummy. I think they were ice breakers brand.

skoots1mom said...

limes...just make things better, yeah!
had them in our pad thai last night, yummy!

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh my goodness...yummy! I'm making this tonight! I did my Shred this morning and thought of you, Buddy! ;)

Melanie said...

Sounds really good. I like citrus anything.

TheIdeaHole said...

This is great.
This is like those stories actors tell of their days in school when they took an acting class because they knew they wouldn't fail.
And then they become actors.

Off to make a lime-slushie!

Thanks for the inspiration,

http://theideahole.blogspot.com/

TheIdeaHole said...

howard stern would like this drink


http://theideahole.blogspot.com/